Not all updates deployed with Office 2003

erlisperlis

• 2 weeks later...

Head to Siginet's forum and get the office integrator

http://www.siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405

You can then get my office 2003 hotpack ( & SP3).

A step-by-step

download office integrator

download office 2003 SP3

download my 2003 hotpack (english)

run office integrator - select your orginal source - choose the admin install (not direct integration) - install company name & key - add SP3 - add hotpack - Optionally add my Office 2007 compatibility pack (instructions on that page) - then integrate the whole thing

At this point you'll have C:\office2003 (whatever your distrubution point is), which has an up-to-date office 2003

Now start up ORK 2003 and customize the installation, get your mst and then you are good to go

The problem with what you did is that the updates (patches) are actually applied but the standard way that all updates are applied in the msi is that the SP regestry settings are written last which wipes out just the registry settings for the Post-SP patches. If you go to OfficeUpdates and look at the updates you will probably find all your post sp3 updates are integrated because it looks for the actual file, however on microsoft updates it just checks for the registry settings for the updates so it will not detect the post-sp3 updates

Also depending if you use Group policy, there are the SP3 Office 2003 adm & admx templates for a lot of the office 2003 settings. My preference is to do a basic install of office 2003 and then customize them with GPO rather than customize the installation.

Hope that gets you going