xPize Boot Screen

Zombie_Fetus

I installed xPize yesterday after hearing about it on Lifehacker. It's just what I've been looking for and is a great, though small, upgrade to XP users.

I've known how to modify boot screens before xPize-

How do I do it after.

The blue windows boot screen that xPize comes with is fairly ugly, I'm looking to change that to whatever I wish.

Help?

Thanks.

And keep up the good work!

In Windows XP Service Pack 2 Microsoft added a "safe" way to give a system a static bootscreen: add the flags "/NOGUIBOOT" and "/BOOTLOGO" to your OS in C:\Boot.ini then place the bitmap you want to use in C:\Windows\Boot.bmp (note the bitmap must be 640x480 16-color).

If you want to restore the old bootscreen, just remove those two flags from your Boot.ini file (you don't need to delete the Boot.bmp file though).

• 3 weeks later...
In Windows XP Service Pack 2 Microsoft added a "safe" way to give a system a static bootscreen: add the flags "/NOGUIBOOT" and "/BOOTLOGO" to your OS in C:\Boot.ini then place the bitmap you want to use in C:\Windows\Boot.bmp (note the bitmap must be 640x480 16-color).

If you want to restore the old bootscreen, just remove those two flags from your Boot.ini file (you don't need to delete the Boot.bmp file though).

I'm on xp home SP3, it doesn't have the boot.ini, so um.. what do i do? Lol

The file is hidden. You can open it without needing to change your file display settings by going Control Panel > System > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Startup > Edit

...this will open up your boot configuration file in Notepad where you can make changes. Note that boot.ini may be read-only.

The file is hidden. You can open it without needing to change your file display settings by going Control Panel > System > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Startup > Edit

...this will open up your boot configuration file in Notepad where you can make changes. Note that boot.ini may be read-only.

Dude thanks so much!