USB_Multiboot 10 - Unattended fail

doveman

I installed the nlite unattended XP files on my USB stick with USB_Multiboot_10 and it asked me to confirm username, product key etc but when I was installing XP, it stopped and asked me for these details again.

I think something went wrong with creating the boot.ini, because the one on my stick contains these lines:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

C:\grldr="Grub4Dos"

C:\btsec\RMLD1.bs="PE 1 - Boot BootSDI.img from RAMDISK"C:\btsec\XPSTP.bs="1. Begin TXT Mode Setup Windows XP, Never unplug USB-Drive Until Logon"

C:\btsec\XATSP.bs="Attended Setup XP, Never unplug USB-Drive Until After Logon"

Because the XPSTP.bs line has got stuck on the end of the RMLD1.bs line, it never displayed and I assumed I should select Attended Setup, which was no doubt the problem.

I notice that \$WIN_NT$.~BT contains winat.sif and winnt.sif and only the latter contains the details I entered. Is it the case that XPSTP.bs will use winnt.sif and thus do an unattended install, whereas XATSP.bs uses winat.sif and so requires manual entry of these details?