Disk quota icons

banankrem

I see that xpize does not update the icon in the disk quota tab, so I found one that can replace it.

Note: The tab does not really use an icon but an avi file for some reason, called sysanimate32 (which is weird and it doesnt even animate).

I just deleted the avi resource with the traffic light and added a new icon resource.

I don't know if I managed to set it to a suitable position, but that can be adjusted.

Here's a picture for comparison: http://img29.imageshack.us/i/dskquota.jpg/

I've attached the icon file :)

dskq.ico

Edited by banankrem

I see that xpize does not update the icon in the disk quota tab, so I found one that can replace it.

Note: The tab does not really use an icon but an avi file for some reason, called sysanimate32 (which is weird and it doesnt even animate).

I just deleted the avi resource with the traffic light and added a new icon resource.

I don't know if I managed to set it to a suitable position, but that can be adjusted.

Here's a picture for comparison: http://img29.imageshack.us/i/dskquota.jpg/

I've attached the icon file :)

I'm afraid I can't use this.

The AVI resource does actually animate: the RIFF document contains 4 frames, one for each state of the traffic-light icon. I'm surprised an icon resource works as a replacement, but your icon file contains only 1 sub-image and won't show the different states of the Quota process (Stopped, Scanning, OK).

Well, here are the png files of this traffic light with the red lit, the yellow lit and the green lit and one with all of them lit in case somebody wants to do the quite troublesome work and make these into an animation avi file as a potential replacement for the old one in the disk quotas..

(The png files are added as an attachment to this post)

post-200137-1254239139_thumb.png

post-200137-1254239146_thumb.png

post-200137-1254239150_thumb.png

post-200137-1254239153_thumb.png

Well, here are the png files of this traffic light with the red lit, the yellow lit and the green lit and one with all of them lit in case somebody wants to do the quite troublesome work and make these into an animation avi file as a potential replacement for the old one in the disk quotas..

(The png files are added as an attachment to this post)

Nice!

Thank you, now we just have to wait until the next release!

I like the icons, but I don't believe that they fit into xpize. They don't really look like any of the xp icons, they just look a bit more HD than the old ones.

But they are better than the old ones and are like XP's icons.

But they are better than the old ones and are like XP's icons.

I have to disagree with you. They look more like the animation you get when you are connecting to a wireless network, which comes straight from Longhorn. The XP icons have more of a cartoony style than these. Maybe I'm being picky, but I would find this just as alien as that wireless animation.