My Home Made Water Cooling Setup

amit_talkin

Well, this is an old topic, I posted my wc kit pics on some hardware forums few months ago, got good replies so I thought to show-off my ghetto kit here at msfn too :).

so Here we go...:)

1. The CPU Water Block

DSC01818.JPG

2. Water Block with acrylic mount

DSC01819.JPG

3. Lapped contact surface of the water block

DSC01827.JPG

4. Radiator with 6x120mm - 80 CFM Fans.

DSC01848.JPG

5. Reservoir ( Submersible pump inside, 1200 LPH ).

DSCF0114.jpg

* System Pics below *

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0108.JPG

DSCF0109.JPG

DSCF0116.JPG

DSCF0118.JPG

DSCF0120.JPG

DSCF0121.JPG

DSCF0122.JPG

That is not too bad at all!!! The water block does look pretty ghetto and so does the reservoir but you have effectivly got six 120mm fans cooling the CPU so it would run good as :lol:

Only thing is, it would be very hard to take that PC around with you so I hope you don't go to LAN parties with it :w00t:

@Zenskas,

Yeah you are right, I cant move PC that freely! But I m good in my own with PC repair so its not a problem for me :). Forget abt LAN parties, nothing is happening here lyk that :(.

@itachis,

Cost is the reason I have did this myself, and who dont lyk their own made junks? ;). It was a fun making it!

where are the fans in picture 6? are they between the case and the radiator? if so shouldnt it be with the fans on the other side so you have fresh cool air going to the rad?

Yes, its between case and radiator, I 1st wanted to keep it outside surface of radiator but it was looking ghetto!! However there is enough space between case and fans that those fans can suck enough air :).

Nice, but how did you secure the pipes onto the CPU block? I don't see any fasteners or anything... Did you just plug them in and that's all? If so, get yourself some screw-driven fasteners (you can find them in any car parts shop) and secure the pipes! Anyway, nice set-up ;)

what is the green stuff is that car radiator fluid antifreeze? if so is that not a health hazard?

That fluid would be a special liquid for computer water cooling, distilled water with active ingredients to protect the pipes against corrosion and various deposits (dirt, lime, etc). It comes in various colours, mine is U/V black, for example, but there are also, red, blue, transparent...

Nice, but how did you secure the pipes onto the CPU block? I don't see any fasteners or anything... Did you just plug them in and that's all? If so, get yourself some screw-driven fasteners (you can find them in any car parts shop) and secure the pipes! Anyway, nice set-up ;)

Yeah, just plugged them and thts all! however I had leakage test for 24 hours before fitting them inside case. also, it never got leaked till now :).

That is sick. I give you mad props for making this! Want to make me one? lol

Thanks :). It consumed much time as it was the 1st attempt, I m gonna make newer block in future ( with pins, arrays inside block ). I m thinking to make CPU block from north-bridge heatsink because nb heatsink already have fins which can provide better cooling :).