Unattended Help

I have used this site for a while and the help has been fantastic. I am trying to follow the various builds that are suggested for both Vista and Win7 (will drop Vista as soon as I get 7 right) but so far have had no real luck following the build for an unattended installation. Here is my problem

I want to build a USB or DVD to install Win7 with only the need to give the machine name (will change for each machine).

I have downloaded and used the lastest version of WAIK and attempted to build the file autounattend.xml and copied to the root of the drive

When I run the disk the system fails immediately and I have to anwer the installation as if I was running a regular installtion

My goal is to have a installation to build a standard machine. As default profile can not be modified so the installation must be right (background / screensaver / etc) so all users are the same the answer file is critical.

Looking for just a hand on how to get started. Have used the various Microsoft links and the fantastic people here at MSFN and the NOOB forums but (as much as I hate to cry) no one has a guide like the MSFN XP Guide.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

With the WAIK you get a few help files, the only two I've found useful so far are:

* Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) User's Guide (waik.chm)

* Unattended Windows Setup Reference (Unattend.chm)

The other thing that's been really useful is FireGeier Unattended Vista Guide_2

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17471845/FireGei...ed-Vista-Guide2

However there are some things it's a little outdated with since Vista SP1.