Keyboards

Nerwin

Well I am looking for a new keyboard now, I am wondering what you guys use and what do you recommend.

I thought about getting the Logitech G11. But I don't know if I really want to spend 100 dollars for a keyboard. I currently have a Logitech Corded Media keyboard (I don't know the correct model) But I finally broke it, kind of, the little legs broke off and I need a new keyboard just because of that. I can hold off for a while, but I have been wanting to get a new keyboard anyways.

So what do you guys use? Let's talk keyboards!

So what do you guys use? Let's talk keyboards!
Well, I use a vintage 1993 IBM model M (1391401) clicky (buckling spring) keyboard. They are sturdy, reliable and heavenly to type in. One can still buy them new as of today, and they usually cost something in between US$ 50 to US$ 90, and are worth every cent of it. They don't have the windows keys and the menu key, however, so they're great for those who, like me, don't miss them. Of course, in matters of taste YMMV widely.

post-134642-1253853456_thumb.jpg

I hate buying keyboards. Because I know what I want doesn't exist.

Model M's are nice in a way and not... I *LOVE* keyboards that use switches (better than crappy membrane based keyboards -- but then again anything's better than a laptop keyboard IMO). Just not the old ones that go CLING! at 100dB like the model M's (it sounds kind of like a machine gun when I use one of those). I much, MUCH prefer the Alps sliders personally (even better feedback/touch, less force, and much quieter too), like found in Dell AT101W and the like. A more modern version would be the Matias Tactile Pro (v3.0 should come soon). Some people swear by the cherry switches in the Das Keyboard too...

Then again, I don't want of a crappy old PS/2-only (yes, there are PS/2->USB adapters, I know) keyboard like the AT101W, nor its lack of any multimedia buttons, and I really miss having that slight "bend" in the rows like nicer Microsoft keyboards have. Same story for the Tacile Pro and Das Keyboard...

Unfortunately, there's no perfect keyboard with the features I want. Either it's a great keyboard (layout, functions, looks and all) but with sucky keys *or* great keys but everything else sucks.

YMMV indeed.

Boy I don't know. I just want something that wont break and I don't want the little letters and numbers to wear off. I almost prefer to get the same one that I have now. It still works but the legs are busted and the wrist rest is kind of broking so it's ducked taped on and it slides around because the rubber are covered.

I had this keyboard for many years and I love it, but I want new one now.

Heres a photo of it and I can't find it anywhere on the web, Like a brand new one. Because they just don't make keyboards like this. Theres more wireless ones than wired ones. I hate wireless ones because you gotta change the battery, it will end up costing a ton at the end.

keyboard.JPG

Plus you know I don't want to spend 100 dollars for a keyboard. I'm on a tight budget that's why I just kind of want to get the same one because it's around 30 bucks.

Well, I use a vintage 1993 IBM model M (1391401) clicky (buckling spring) keyboard. They are sturdy, reliable and heavenly to type in. One can still buy them new as of today, and they usually cost something in between US$ 50 to US$ 90, and are worth every cent of it. They don't have the windows keys and the menu key, however, so they're great for those who, like me, don't miss them. Of course, in matters of taste YMMV widely.

I have THREE of them salvaged from a company gone default. ;)

They are sturdy, they are heavy, they are clicky, they are springy, they are everything you can expect from a keyboard (and also have removable caps over keys, so that you can BOTH "play DAS KEYBOARD" AND play some tricks to a newcomer - usually exchanging just "u" with "i" and "r" with "t" is enough to enjoy interesting typed text).

Now, THIS:

http://www.datamancer.net/keyboards/aviator/aviator.htm

is a nice keyboard I would really, really like. :thumbup

jaclaz

Well, I use a vintage 1993 IBM model M (1391401) clicky (buckling spring) keyboard.

I have THREE of them salvaged from a company gone default. ;)

I've also kept one to for my desktop. Does that make us old ? I'm very bad at typing and the clicking is a continuous acknowledgement. :D