Limitation to integrating drivers with nLite?, Weighing pros of BTS vs

jdub

Hey all I recently made the switch from making untended windows CD's to DVD's. No idea what took me so long I guess I was just afraid of some of the problems I heard about way back in the day.

Anyways since I no longer have to fear the 700mb size limit I always had to compromise with I thought I'd ask: What are the current pros and cons between integrating drivers with nLite and using BTS packs?

I made an image and did an install for a friend using BTS over the weekend and it screwed up, even with driver signing disabled from nLite there were 150+ popups and bts had to suppress them (it never used to do that) It also took longer than usual, KTD didnt work and some drivers didnt seem to install (though I may have selected the wrong audio pack).

Then I said screw it and downloaded the latest drivers for his system, extracted what I could and had nLite integrate them. I was able to install in AHCI mode and everything worked beautifully even with both ATI and nVidia devices present.

IIRC back in the day if you integrated a bunch of drivers with nLite you got issues with installs taking disproportionate amounts of time and the file windows stores all the driver info in causing crashes etc. Could you now in theory integrate all BTS drivers into windows? Can anyone expand on these limitations?

At the least I'd like to start integrating all chipset/RAID drivers so that I dont have to worry about installing in IDE mode.

1. The MassStorage-Drivers in the extracted DP do not contain the needed "txtsetup.oem".

So the integration of these drivers won`t work as required TEXTMODE.

Integrate them by DP-Base.

2. To integrate all extracted DPs is possible, but I ran into problems due to mass of drivers.

nLite sometimes freezes, the whole process seems to be "too much" for nLite.

I prefer to integrate only my needed drivers with nLite.

If I install on other PCs, I use a "SAD-DriverDisc", that I created @ "German-WinLite".

Here`s the link to the thread (german): http://german-winlite.de/wbb/index.php?pag...18851#post18851

If you need help (translation), feel free to ask me.

Look Here my last session file.

I have installed lots of drivers for sata,display,wireless,lan,sound,etc .

Still i have no problem.

But all my drivers are pulled from actual systems with the help of Driver Magician.

And Obviously Intel,ATA,and NVIDIA Textmode Sata from Fernando 1 .... :thumbup

Still i have no problem while instillation.

Time is also any thing between 18 to 22 minutes to boot from cd to Final desktop.

R50270909DC.ini

I have installed lots of drivers for sata,display,wireless,lan,sound,etc .

I think you`re integrating about 100 drivers - no problem.

If you would integrate the whole extrated drivers of all DriverPacks,

we are talking about thousands of drivers - that may cause problems.