Slipstreamed XP SP2 and SATA drivers but still BSOD

paulfoel

Got an XP CD, slipstreamed in XP SP2 and also the SATA drivers I need (for panasonic CF-19K laptop).

Was I supposed to select text mode for all the SATA drivers or PNP mode? There was an oemsetup.info file so does this mean they are text mode?

Anyway, install is still getting halfway and then failing with STOP B7 (Unrecognised boot device) as if it still cant see the SATA HD?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Got an XP CD, slipstreamed in XP SP2 and also the SATA drivers I need (for panasonic CF-19K laptop).
Which "SATA driver" did you integrate and which of the listed Controllers did you enable?
Was I supposed to select text mode for all the SATA drivers or PNP mode? There was an oemsetup.info file so does this mean they are text mode?
All textmode drivers usable for Windows XP contain a file named TXTSETUP.OEM.
Anyway, install is still getting halfway and then failing with STOP B7 (Unrecognised boot device) as if it still cant see the SATA HD?
You obviously have integrated the wrong driver or checked the wrong SATA AHCI/RAID Controller while integrating it.
You either took the wrong driver or did not check the appropriate Controller.

It is impossible to give you any advice unless you give us some details regarding your mainboard/notebook (vendor, name, chipset and Southbridge chip) and the textmode driver you have integrated (vendor and version).

Actually, do I still need to press F6 or just let it carry on?
No, if you have integrated the driver, you should not press F6 when prompted. Otherwise Windows Setup will not find the path to the needed textmode driver.

Which "SATA driver" did you integrate and which of the listed Controllers did you enable?
All textmode drivers usable for Windows XP contain a file named TXTSETUP.OEM.
You obviously have integrated the wrong driver or checked the wrong SATA AHCI/RAID Controller while integrating it.
You either took the wrong driver or did not check the appropriate Controller.

It is impossible to give you any advice unless you give us some details regarding your mainboard/notebook (vendor, name, chipset and Southbridge chip) and the textmode driver you have integrated (vendor and version).

Actually, do I still need to press F6 or just let it carry on?
No, if you have integrated the driver, you should not press F6 when prompted. Otherwise Windows Setup will not find the path to the needed textmode driver.

Its a panasonic toughbook CF-19K. I got the drivers from www.toughbook.com. http://www.toughbook.eu/media/63708_specsh..._EN_210x297.pdf

I extracted them to a directory and then when nlite asked I pointed it at the directory. I then ctrl-clicked all of the drivers in the list (about 10).

Heres the top of the txtsetup.oem:-

; Copyright © 2003-08 Intel Corporation

;#############################################################################

;#

;# Filename: TXTSETUP.OEM

;#

[Disks]

disk1 = "Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver", iaStor.sys, \

[Defaults]

scsi = iaStor_ICH8MEICH9ME

[scsi]

; iaAHCI.inf

iaAHCI_ESB2 = "Intel® ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH7RDH = "Intel® ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH7MMDH = "Intel® ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH8RDHDO = "Intel® ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH8MEM = "Intel® ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH9RDODH = "Intel® ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH9MEM = "Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH10DDO = "Intel® ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller"

iaAHCI_ICH10R = "Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller"

; iaStor.inf

iaStor_ESB2 = "Intel® ESB2 SATA RAID Controller"

iaStor_ICH7RDH = "Intel® ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller"

iaStor_ICH7MDH = "Intel® ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller"

iaStor_ICH8RICH9RICH10RDO = "Intel® ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA RAID Controller"

iaStor_ICH8MEICH9ME = "Intel® ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E SATA RAID Controller"

I've seen your other thread about these drivers. Maybe I should try one of your driver downloads instead?

I've seen your other thread about these drivers. Maybe I should try one of your driver downloads instead?
Yes, since the hdd of your system obviously is connected to an Intel SATA AHCI Controller, you should follow my Intel textmode driver integration guide (= first post of this thread).

Yes, since the hdd of your system obviously is connected to an Intel SATA AHCI Controller, you should follow my Intel textmode driver integration guide (= first post of this thread).

Yep - thats the thread I've been reading.

I've downloaded the drivers mentioned in 2a (32 bit ones). Re-done nlite slipstream and windows is currently booting from CD. Bit slow cos its a USB CD drive.

One thing - I followed your instructions this time and chose SINGLE DRIVER whereas previously I just clicked on driver folder. MAke a difference?

Fingers crossed...

Still the same. Goes all the way though the install and then says starting windows and then BSOD STOP 7B.
So your hdd has been detected by Windows Setup and you could choose the partition where you want to get XP installed? If yes, you obviously have integrated the correct textmode driver and enabled the suitable Intel SATA Controller.

Now to your BSOD: If it happens at last reboot, you should try to reboot this time in safe mode (F8). You will see the detailed error message, if you hit F8 and choose the F8 option "Don't reboot at system failure".

Further questions:

1. Which options of nLite have you used and which drivers did you integrate besides the Intel textmode ones?

2. How much RAM does your system have?

3. Is there another hdd connected? If yes, did you check the "HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY" BIOS settings?

Still the same. Goes all the way though the install and then says starting windows and then BSOD STOP 7B.
So your hdd has been detected by Windows Setup and you could choose the partition where you want to get XP installed? If yes, you obviously have integrated the correct textmode driver and enabled the suitable Intel SATA Controller.

Now to your BSOD: If it happens at last reboot, you should try to reboot this time in safe mode (F8). You will see the detailed error message, if you hit F8 and choose the F8 option "Don't reboot at system failure".

Further questions:

1. Which options of nLite have you used and which drivers did you integrate besides the Intel textmode ones?

2. How much RAM does your system have?

3. Is there another hdd connected? If yes, did you check the "HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY" BIOS settings?

No - sorry it hasnt gone all the way through the install. Its the first part of the install where it fails with BSOD so I dont think the HDD is deteched properly.

1. Service Pack, Drivers, and make iso. I've got an old XP disk, so slipstreamed SP2 into it. Only drivers I integrated were your textmode ones.

2. RAM - plenty I should think. Its new out of the box.

3. No other HDD.

Trying again with a proper SP2 XP CD (rather than original XP and then slipstream in SP2).
You hopefully know, that the actual XP version is the one with integrated SP3. Why don't you slipstream SP3 instead of SP2?

Any reason why it wont work with XP SP2 though? I guess I could try my SP2 source and slipstream SP3 into it as well.

My downloaded driver file contains about 10 drivers. At the moment, in nlite I'm just selecting all of them. Should I be doing this? I assumed that the windows xp install would just find the right one.

However, someone on another forum is saying, I think, that I need to pick the right one? (http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=419504)

Trying again with a proper SP2 XP CD (rather than original XP and then slipstream in SP2).
You hopefully know, that the actual XP version is the one with integrated SP3. Why don't you slipstream SP3 instead of SP2?

Any reason why it wont work with XP SP2 though? I guess I could try my SP2 source and slipstream SP3 into it as well.
Ok, I thought that you didn't know the actually available SP version.
My downloaded driver file contains about 10 drivers. At the moment, in nlite I'm just selecting all of them.
There is just 1 driver named IASTOR.SYS, but this driver s supporting a couple of different Intel® SATA Controllers.
I assumed that the windows xp install would just find the right one.
Yes, it will (unless the SATA hdd is not connected to any of the supported SATA Controllers).
However, someone on another forum is saying, I think, that I need to pick the right one?
AFAIK this information is not correct.