Disk Defragmenter error from MMC

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt, I have seen something similar. My fix was to open the Windows Security Center, go to the exceptions tab of the Windows Firewall and add the offending program. You may be having an nLite problem to do with removing something. If adding the program to the Exceptions list does not correct the problem, please attach your Last Session and we will see if anything looks suspicious. Good luck, John.

Thank you for the prompt reply johnhc. I did what you instructed, but to no avail; Firewall accepted the exception of mmc.exe and dfrg.msc but won't correct my problem. I was even thinking of removing Security Center in some future install.

I'm out of town at the moment, so I don't have access to my LastSession.ini (i.e. the nLited CD); I will post back in a few days.

Cheers

Edit: I just opened it using right-click and Run As... using the Administrator built-in account and it worked! This made me think that maybe my account and the Administrator account had different privileges, so I checked; they have the same privileges. Now I'm even more confused :wacko:

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt, I really see nothing that I would be suspicious of in your .ini. In the _U.ini I see differences in your Nevermind user account creation from mine. I assigned a PW and a full name and description. I don't have your problem but don't think the differences should cause your problem. We are curious what is the cause and would like to know what you find. Enjoy, John.

Thank you johnhc for the follow-through, I really needed someone to confirm that it wasn't up to me, because I started getting strange ideas :blink:

As to the username creation, no worries; I changed the original ones before I posted the files, so no problem there.

Thanks again

Edit: this happens when I use Run As... and run it with my user name (and enabled option to prevent from unauthorised activity)

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt