Very weird problem :(

KameSennin

Hi to all.

For many time, I use nLite to create some XP ISOs for my old desktop and for my new notebook, without any problem. :whistle:

Now, and for a unkown reasons, I can't resolve this issues with nLite v1.4.9.1:

1. when I load a new ISO ( created by nLite ), some addons allways refuse to be installed ( see the list )

2. Same situation with nLite TWEAK General tab, some options of here never are applied to the new ISO.

I tried several configurations, move/add/remove addons, erase and reinstall nLite and do all the reconfiguration job, change computer, test the ISO into VMware, but the problems remain. This is the list of addons status of my last attempt ( loaded in this order on nLite ) :

-OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v2.8.1_ENU.7z ( allmost OK , but IEXPLORE.EXE have H-S-A attributes )
-Addon_Microsoft.Net_Family.35SP1_ROE_1.03.1.7z ( seems OK )
-OnePiece_Windows_Live_Messenger_9_v14.0.8064.0206_True_AddOn_ENU.7z ( missing )
-DaRkMaDnEsS_MessengerPlus_4.82_Addon.7z ( Missing )
-Ricks_WindowsSidebar6.0.6002.18005_Intl_AlkyXP1.1.7z ( ALKY is istalled, "Windows Sidebar" folders are empty and not functional )
-xable_OUE-OGA-v1.8_addon.cab ( Unknow )
-Kels_CPLBonus_v9.6_addon.rar ( missing )
-Kels_lite_addon_v4.8.rar ( missing )
-Kels_Runtimes_addon_v5.8.rar ( Unknow )
-Kels_TweakUI_v2.10_CPL_addon_build2.cab ( missing )
-Ricks_VistaRTMFonts_AddOn_v1.1.7z ( Unknow )
-ToolTipFixer_2.0_addon.cab ( seems OK )
-xable_HashTab-x32-v2.3.0_addon.cab ( "HashTab Shell Extension" folder and .dll created but not functional )
-jr_display_printer_v1.2_addon.7z ( unknow )
-Reapers_IP_Configuration_Manager_2.7.2.80_CPL_AddOn.7z ( Missing )

I've been attacking this problem for 3 days and I'm run out of ideas. :wacko:

Any suggest, comment or help are most welcomed. Thanks in advanced. Bedfford.

Edited by KameSennin

Thanks boooggy, I will follow your suggestion. I will post my results here after the capture of the wild addon. :ph34r:

Well... first addon tested and I found problems:

ePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v2.8.1_ENU.7z

IEXPLORE.EXE & WMPLAYER.EXE : same situation like before, both are with HSA attributes and no shorcuts icons on Desktop and StartMenu.

... continuing testings the rests of addons ...

Edited by KameSennin

Well, after do a cleaning of nLite, I mean, leave clear all settings and options except the Unnatended secction, I realize my self that ALL addons loads smooth & fine, and I now I can see a missing dialog box during Win setup, about installing additional components. :whistle:

Now I'm tried to discover which is the setting that prevents the addons are correctly installed... :ph34r: