I screwed up a USB drive

The info shown seems allright. :)

Next step would be going on each of the three tabs above and press OK and then Save As (to have a backup just in case).

You will be prompted for a file where to save the settings.

Then what you have to do is go back on the "main" interface and press F10 (quicktest)

See if it returns any error.

If no error is returned, CROSS YOUR FINGERS and press SPACE bar :ph34r: (you might appreciate the fact that they used the Space bar, in order to press it easily with crossed fingers :P )

Wait.

See if any error is returned.

Close the app.

Eject the key and test it on another PC for the moment.

jaclaz

nah, nothing happened. I think this is why:

in the manual there was some info on the "Port 1" line, I just get a blank spot.

Well, you posted that the device was detected:

The MP tool, this one

http://209.85.135.132/translate_c?hl=en&am...8XFgqchNZRyxMow

seems to work fine, I think it does detect when I plug in the USB drive with HubScan.

The problem is that I don't know what to do with the program, I need to find a tutorial somewhere. The manual doesn't say what to input before clicking "Start".

We are back to square #1. :(

Try reading page 6 and 7 of the manual.

Check them, again and again, there are PICTURES of what you should do and see.

Is what happens on your PC different from what is described there?

Also, wait a minute, what do you mean by "hubscan"?

DO NOT use any USB hub, insert directly the device to a USB port (one of those at the back of your computer, not one of those in the front - if you hav them)

jaclaz

oh shoot, i was using the front USB. Yes the HUBscan program worked so I thought thats what I needed to do. I'll try right now.

edit: Nah, the program just does not want to see my flash drive. I dont know why, USBDveiw and Chipgenius can see it fine. Also Device Manager sees it, I dont know why this program will not.

The HUBscan utility can see there is something plugged in, but the program just won't show anything like on page 8 of the manual. This is weird.

edit 2: OOOOOO hold up. I tried this on another computer with XP and it worked. I can see the device, it even recognized it as 8GB. But instead of the USB icon there was a ? icon. I clicked start and it is doing something, the computer is really old and slow so I have to wait... I hope it works.

edit 3: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capturekd.jpg

Dude, you are PRO! Do you have a Ph.D?

Also, is it supposed to be 7.25GB free? I don't remember how it was before. And is it better to keep it as FAT32 or switch to NTFS?