2008 Unattended - Proliant Support Pack

Hi all, having a @#$% of a time trying to integrate the PSP (8.30) into my WDS unattended install of 2008. Concentrating on the Standard Edition for now, everything else will fall into place after I get this sorted...

There are three ways (I can see) of installing version 8.30 of the PSP unattended. The first is to run "setupex.exe", which fires up HPSUM, automatically runs an inventory and then installs what's it detects is required. The second is to use the prefabricated batch file "bp000613.cmd", the third is (I believe) a legacy installer where from a command line or batch file, run "setupc /use-latest" (that's the method I use for my 2003 RIS installs). Anyway I've tried all three methods in different passes of the install process, both as native synchronous commands and calling from a batch file and none of them work. The closest I have come is calling setupex.exe from in the specialize pass, however it's auto inventory fails and nothing gets installed.

I'm using the $OEM$ folder structure to pre-load the setup files to the local hard disk

Have any HP people had any success with this yet?

Actually there is one other thing if you could possibly help, how does one disable the UAC, and in which pass? Again I've tried calling it from a batch file and synchronous command with no success. And is it perhaps the UAC that is preventing me from installing the PSP?

Anyway my main issue is the PSP, if anyone has had success with it and could help me out I'd really appreciate it, thanks for reading.

Cheers and beers

Benno

While we are not up to 8.30 yet, for slightly older versions wer use the following:

in a batch file we call "hpsum.exe /bundle bp000xxx.xml /silent /use_wmi /use_snmp" where the bp000xxx.xml file is the one supplied with the PSP.

We also run a script to add the local administrators group to the Distributed COM users group, a separate script to set the system management home page to use SNMP and we copy certificate files for our CIM servers to the c:\hp\hpsmh\certs\ folder on the server.

Currently this works for us.

Think I've worked it out, I've used the SetupComplete.cmd to do the PSP install (the multiple methods mentioned all work) and registry tweaks. Whether or not this is the right way, it works, good enough :-) Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers and beers

Benno