xpize 5 release 6b

Hell Racer

Xpize 5 release 6b (and 6a) is not an official xpize release, only my fan package.

Hi again :). As I've said, I've created another version of slightly improved release 6 - xpize 5 release 6b. This time I've done everything I wanted to do and most likely this version will be the one I'll keep for myself for everyday use (lol). Here is change log including previous version:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- xpize 5 Release 6b

= Changes to xpize

* Added black Luna Element shutdown and logoff screens

* Added preview images to all visual styles subcomponents (Welcome and Shutdown screens)

* Removed customized branding from Energy Blue style since it's almost the same as base branding patch

* Fixed incorrect Shutdown button location on Black Luna and Blue Luna Welcome screens

* Fixed some glitches on MCE and Darkside shutdown screens

- xpize 5 Release 6a

= Changes to xpize

* Added fix to standard 3d-White cursor scheme

* Created dedicated nodes for logoff screens to allow to explicitly unselect them

* Refreshed the package tree to make it more clear

Here's the link: http://cid-92f45bd1170be9e7.skydrive.live....px/.Public?uc=1

(sorry tkrojam, I'll stick to FileSavr once more :), and reupload the file later if necessary)

You can report any bugs, but I don't think I'll fix them immediately.

Please remember this is not an official xpize release, only my fan package, so don't blame W3bbo and other xpize authors.

Cheers

Edited by Hell Racer

Hi everyone :). After I've done xpize 6 lite 0.1 I though I got familiar enough with package structure and xml to try to improve original xpize 5 release 6. The main problem with 5R6 is that the package is very mixed... I mean It's too hard to select exactly needed elements (that's why I've made that xpize lite in the first place). E.g. you try to select only standard icons and bitmaps and you still get logoff screen changed. You unselect winrar patch but still get *.rar file type icons patched. You unselect Windows Branding but still get those banners patched because Darkside Style patch them too... And so on. In some cases you have to remove some files from temp folder to prevent some resources from patching and still patch others in the same file.

There is another problem I can't overcome directly... Anolis Installer doesn't read name attributes from all xml tags except group. That's why there're a lot of dumb :) entries like Registry and File Type. So I've decided to create corresponding groups just to make things clear.

(from your xpize 5 r6a thread)

The things you've found with the XML-schema W3bbo had is interesting. I'm sure he'd love to hear some feedback on it to see what he can improve and tweak on.

Edited by Happy-Dude

Hi Hell Racer,

(I'm online because I found a free wifi point, I won't be online fully until I return home next week).

Whilst I appreciate the work you've put into your own release, I am concerned that it might easily be confused with an official release from me. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd be happier if you could modify your installer and associated material (such as the readme file) to clearly mark it as an unofficial release by a third-party fan.

I'd also like you to remove or update the <package /> element so the update, feedback, and website attribute URIs are changed so they no-longer refer to my website, since they would conflict.

Feel free to use your own website or space to hold the update file, the syntax is simple (compare to the current one on xpize.net), the feedback and website attributes can be removed without any ill-effects.

I'm afraid I can't give you any feedback on the changes you've made just yet, since I'm on my laptop without any of my actual xpize files or any VMs to test it in. I'll let you know when I get back home.

Sorry about this, and thanks for taking part, 'preciate it :)

Edited by W3bbo

Hi W3bbo! Sure, I'll do this today as soon as I get back from work :thumbup

Also please consider including my fixes into your next release of you find them good enough :)

Edit: Changed the package and uploaded it here (also changed link in the first post).

Cheers

Edited by Hell Racer

The file has been downloaded 20 times, so I want to thank you guys for interest in my package :). Hope you enjoy the package's revised tree and visual schemes' subcomponents previews. And 'coz there's still no problem reports I hope that the package is not that buggy :blushing: .

• 2 weeks later...
The file has been downloaded 20 times, so I want to thank you guys for interest in my package :). Hope you enjoy the package's revised tree and visual schemes' subcomponents previews. And 'coz there's still no problem reports I hope that the package is not that buggy :blushing: .

Seems the download link does not work any more... :( Has the package been deleted? Could you please upload it once more (or use a service that doesn't remove files that fast)? Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Tomalak

• 1 month later...

You could just run R6 installer, proceed to the step where it extracts LZMA, stop there, and then look for Anolis temp files in the TEMP folder. Overall process of creating a package is very complicated :(. I've spent a lot of time on each step before I understood how to do it right.

• 2 weeks later...