Vista Network Problem

Doggie

Hi guys, simple problem I hope :P

When I connected to my other computer on my network, it prompted me for a password. There wasn't one set as I put it up and I stupidly after attempt a password, clicked on the saving the password so I don't have to retype it or be prompted again, bad mistake. Is there a way to clear that password away?? Now it instantly denies me access as it has a password set and a wrong one at that. Any help would be greatful.

post-2185-1252934880_thumb.jpg

You need to run the following from a Run dialog (Win+R), not the default start search bar:

control keymgr.dll

This will show you the saved keys and creds on your box, and you can remove it from there - I believe this is where these are stored in Vista/Win7.

• 4 weeks later...

Well back again, no luck on that either. I really don't get it. I've got a new laptop and while it can connect to my router for the internet, it still won't let me access my network at all. Theres no password and still get a denied message. Last resort I guess is formating the problem computer but I really don't want to do that as theres too much stuff I'd have to reinstall. Any other ideas?