Can't Load Preset

ttreat31

Hi,

I'm having a problem with vLite. I can't seem to load a preset INI file because when I click "Preset" the "Load" button is greyed out. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've selected the Windows installation and selected the tasks.

Thanks.

If you browsed to the proper directory path and selected windows istallation and the edition being used properly it should work that's really odd maybe post a screen shot? And are you sure you are using the latest version 1.2 and have configured things before using vlite ie. windows installation kit installed and wim loaded etc also if everything has been done correctly have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Depending on ur Os u might need .net framework 2.0 installed but win7 and vista should not need it just an FYI

I'm on Win7. I installed windows installation kit , but when I first ran vLite it didn't ask about the windows installation kit at all. Do I have to configure it somehow?

Make sure you are using the Vista SP1 Server 2008 AIK and not the Windows 7 AIK. Yes when you initially run vLite for the first time it should try to install the WIM filter for you.

to configure vlite you must do the following:

1.) copy the file wingapi.dll aprox 320kb from programfiles/windows/aik/tools/x86 or amd64 and paste it into the program files vlite directory

2.)inside the vlite directory verify that you have a folder called wimflter if not create it

3.)after ensuring that you have the wimflter folder navigate inside it and verify that you have two subfolders 1 is x86 the other is x64 if not create them

4.)after creating or verifying those two subfolders they both must contain the files wimflter.inf AND wimflter.sys if they do not you can copy and paste them, the original location for them is in the programfiles/windows/aik/tools/x86 or amd64 folder also

Then you should be all set with configuration let me know if that solves your issue
:)

I copied the wingapi.dll file over although there already was one in the directory. I also verified that there was a wimfltr folder (although I noticed you had it spelled wimflter, is that an issue?) with x86 and x64 both filled with wimfltr.sys and wimfltr.inf. Still no go. "Load" is greyed out.

Edited by ttreat31

wimflter folder is supposed to be spelled without the i if you spelled with it that might be the issue if not I'd suggest that you uninstall vlite make sure the vlite directory folder in program files is deleted after uninstalling reboot then search google for vlite version 1.1.6 install that then install vlite version 1.2 over top of it reconfigure on install prompt of the wim driver see if that fixes it