Quick Launch Classic 7 Tool 1.0.5

wazer

Yeah, this should have been fixed because I spotted it on the way. Unicode was not happy, at one point I obviously mis-processed the original unicode text, and "Nouvelle barre d'outils - Choisir un dossier" was pasted into the localization strings source as "Nouvelle barre dӯutils-Choisir un dossier" and other languages the same. Meant to fix it, but obviously forgot - thanks :) The other translations already have English versions for you in the Localizations folder and the strings.au3 file.

I've fixed the text and will upload a corrected RC 1.03 after you've had a chance to look more carefully at all of it and anything else is checked as well. If you PM me, we can check any code without flooding the forum :)

Edited by Stilez

Yeah, this should have been fixed because I spotted it on the way. Unicode was not happy, at one point I obviously mis-processed the original unicode text, and "Nouvelle barre d'outils - Choisir un dossier" was pasted into the localization strings source as "Nouvelle barre dӯutils-Choisir un dossier" and other languages the same. Meant to fix it, but obviously forgot - thanks :) The other translations already have English versions for you in the Localizations folder and the strings.au3 file.

I've fixed the text and will upload a corrected RC 1.03 after you've had a chance to look more carefully at all of it and anything else is checked as well. If you PM me, we can check any code without flooding the forum :)

Theres something wrong with the unicode output format when it reads from QL Localization Strings.au3 i corrected the spelling errors in QL Localization Strings.au3 and performed a new QuickLaunchClassic7_Localization_Preprocessor_v1,au3 compile and it was sucessfull but when i go to QL Localization Strings.processed.DO_NOT_EDIT.au3 i can see it shows as theres no unicode support again.. Did you already fix this or?. Please upload the lastest with the fixes you made to it.

Again i thank you for doing the time :). I only have a small amount of time and sitting on this little laptop does not make it better, but im here and trying to look into the stuff :)

Edited by wazer

• 5 months later...

Hello,

thank you for this great script.

If you want in the next release you can add the italian language, this is the coe:

;Case $Lang = Italian

Case $Lang = "it-IT"

$title = "Nuova barra degli strumenti - Scegliere una cartella"

$programs = "[CLASS:MSTaskListWClass; TEXT:Applicazioni in esecuzione]"

• 2 months later...

wazer, awesome program! Does exactly what I need! But it doesn't seem to work on Windows 8 Consumer Preview. For some reason regedit pops up and the script stalls. It is possible to manually activate the Quick Launch tool bar in W8 CP, so that doesn't seem to be the problem per se.

Is there any chance you'll port QuickLaunchClassic7.exe for W8?

(BTW, I tested this out on W8 CP installed in a VirtualBox VM as Microsoft Virtual PC does not support W8 CP.)

Thanks, AsokAsus

THIS WILL ENABLE QUICK LAUNCH CLASSIC LOOK AND FEEL ON WINDOWS 7 VERSIONS

Never got tired of the new look in windows 7? Well i did. And found a way to make the taskbar look like good old XP days.

I started this topic some time, now after i wanted to reformat again. I took some time to look into the code again and make some improvements to the tool.

==============================================

Quick Launch Classic 7 version 1.05 change log

================================

Legend:

* = New feature

+ = Improved feature

! = Fixed bug

? = Other stuff

01. + Reduced mouse speed while performing action, should finally fix all those errors.

02. + Corrected the mouse to be more precisely now, when working with class/text field.

03. * Added international language support for all in one. USA, France, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany. Your language not supported? mail: exelenze(at)gmail.com

04. * Added modification from following users at msfn.org, myselfidem, coucou.

05. * Added show dekstop action via mouse. This will fix programs running in the background that could lead to naggin Quick Launch Classic 7, while it was on duty.

06. * Added tray msg in start that to inform the user they should not touch anything, while its running.

07. * Added tray msg when finished.

08. * Added hotkey to exit the program if something went wrong. The key is F1.

09. * Added Quick Launch string check.

10. * Added wait check before continue after ending - starting explorer.exe.

11. * Added switchless params for more info run Run "QuickLaunchClassic7.exe /?"

I suggest for the full joy and effect of quicklaunch classic 7 use following paramf.

Usage run "QuickLaunchClassic7.exe /NOPIN /TGL /TSI /AUTOTRAY /LBS3 /EXPLORER" without the quotes!.

/NOPIN

Removes The pinned list on windows 7 taskbar.

/TGL

Makes Taskbar buttons = Never combine

/TSI

Makes Small icons on windows 7 taskbar.

/AUTOTRAY

Disable AUTOTRAY on windows 7 taskbar.

/LBS3

Langbar is closed and will not be visible inside windows 7 taskbar.

/EXPLORER

Will end explorer and start it again with all options saved, This is usefull so you dont have to restart windows at all to take effect of changes

Quick Launch Classic 7 version 1.04 change log

01. ! Fixed EnableAutoTray

Quick Launch Classic 7 version 1.03 change log

01. ! Fixed typo.

02. * Added EnableAutoTray value 0

03. * Added silent versions for unattended install.

Quick Launch Classic 7 version 1.02 change log

01. * Added Reg Entries

02. * Added Small Icons

03. * taskbar be allowed to move.

04. * taskbar to default value, else the script will not work. You can change back after.

05. * Forced TaskbarGlomLevel = 2 = Never combine.

Quick Launch Classic 7 version 1.01 change log

01. ! Fixed Danish version.

Quick Launch Classic 7 version 1.0 change log

*+!? Intial

quicklaunchclassicv103.jpg

Downloads:

Version 1.05

MediaFire

http://adf.ly/1XioU

RapidShare

http://adf.ly/1Xios

Old Versions:

Version 1.04

ENGLISH + SOURCE

http://www.multiupload.com/VFVKMOTN7D

DANISH + SOURCE

http://www.multiupload.com/CWZSMKM60B

Version 1.03

ENGLISH + SOURCE

http://www.multiupload.com/YFKXANVJ3X

DANISH + SOURCE

http://www.multiupload.com/ZZ2H5N7TAV

If you wanna translate feel free to it, provide me with links after and ill update the links.

ain't it just enough to create folders on this locations ?

Fresh install here

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch exists already but with that new touch desktop turned on when it goes to drag taskbar here on mine it dragged the window. The start is not as it was in Win 7. NO Start button

Might need to turn off that new Start or mod the file a little. Not sure yet

Asok asked me this in a different forum

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 weeks later...

I will look into this when win8 is official out since i did some code for win8 developer and consumer but they removed the start menu and classical way, however theres a tool out that can path/modified some strings in the files from m$ and give back windows 8 start menu but thats no solution for in the long terms, since it will get patched later perhaps because of security/issues.

wazer,

That would be great! I hate the half-assed taskbar pinning crap on W7/W8, so for all the computers I configure, I unpin everything from the taskbar and use your tool to restore Quick Launch. That way, ANYTHING can be added to Quick Launch, unlike pinning which essentially allows only executables to be pinned. I also hate the unmovable Show Desktop on the right of the taskbar, and Quick Launch restores the Show Desktop tool on the LEFT side of the taskbar as well.

Microsoft has totally butchered the UI for W8 Consumer Preview. Don't know if they'll restore the Start Menu or not when they make a final release. If they don't, it'll be a far bigger disaster for them than Vista. It would be insane for MS to try to make people use their near-useless Metro UI on laptops and desktops. Already, there's a great 3rd Party alternative to replace the missing Start Menu on W8, namely Classic Shell (http://sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/). I use Classic Shell on W7 and Vista as well, as it's far superior to the W7 and Vista Start menus anyway.

At any rate, I look forward to when you port Quick Launch Classic 7 Tool to Windows 8.

Asok.

I will look into this when win8 is official out since i did some code for win8 developer and consumer but they removed the start menu and classical way, however theres a tool out that can path/modified some strings in the files from m$ and give back windows 8 start menu but thats no solution for in the long terms, since it will get patched later perhaps because of security/issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Mediafire link from the first post is dead.

An alternative code for Func _ToggleTaskbarLock():

#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Local $sLockTaskbar = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "TaskbarSizeMove")
$hTrayWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]")
If _WinAPI_GetClassName($hTrayWnd) <> "Shell_TrayWnd" Then Exit
; Below, use $sLockTaskbar = 0 to unlock the taskbar or $sLockTaskbar = 1 to lock the taskbar
If $sLockTaskbar = 0 Then _SendMessage($hTrayWnd, $WM_COMMAND, 424, 0)

• 4 weeks later...

I see this program has come a loooong way and has become really wonderful,

Thanks a lot for all the work!

I was still using version 1.4 :)

I added 2 lines though at the end of the script (which speak for themselves for the ones that want to use it)

FileDelete(EnvGet("AppData") & "\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Launch Internet Explorer Browser.lnk")

FileDelete(EnvGet("AppData") & "\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\QuickLaunchClassic7_shortcut.lnk")

The first line removes Internet Explorer from the QuickLaunchBar

The second line removes a shortcut from the startupfolder named "QuickLaunchClassic7_shortcut"

Edited by pietpuk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Hungarian language add:

;Case $Lang = Hungary
Case $Lang = "hu-HU"
$title = "Új eszköztár - Válasszon egy mappát"
$programs = "[CLASS:MSTaskListWClass; TEXT:Futó alkalmazások]"

It's work.

Thanks Gabee.

• 3 weeks later...

dum dum DUM!

My name is Adrian, I'm an IT Administrator from Germany, only days before a huge Windows Server 2003 XenApp 5 -> Windows Server 2008 Citrix XenApp 6.5 migration.

So the profile gets newly created on first login.

During the Windows 7 migration I learnt, that nearly every user wanted his Quick Launch back.

So I spent some hours with Regshot finding a way to enable Quick Launch by default, so I wouldn't have to setup 150 Quick Launches.

Your script is very nice btw.

The solution:

1. Create Quick Launch like you need it on a test user.

2. Create BackupQuickLaunch.bat, contents:

--BAT BEGIN--

reg export "Hkey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop" QuickLaunch.reg

--BAT END--

(you can place the exported reg file on your "%logonserver%\netlogon" share, see below for Kix script)

3. Create RestoreQuickLaunch.bat, contents:

--BAT BEGIN--

taskkill /im explorer.exe /f

reg import QuickLaunch.reg

start explorer

--BAT END--

Kix:

RUN "reg import @lserver\NETLOGON\QuickLaunch.reg"

The trick is, that explorer.exe should not be running while the registry settings are applied.

Or during logon-script, when there is no explorer started yet (if so configured in policy).

Yay! Works on my test machines. No guarantee, but please post if it works for you too.

Edited by modron