Quick Launch Classic 7 Tool 1.0.5

wazer

Reg export works for all machines if every user has same exact Quicklaunch setup.

I do it different by saving %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch folder and copy in. Then use this script

At first I thought you meant, that now every user would share the same Quick Launch folder. But Windows is actually making it right, if I right-click on the Quick Launch and click open folder it points me to the correct folder in each profile. Although further testing will be required before rollout.

Specific Links can be copied or deleted by some logon script commands, in my case deleting the Server-Manager and placing an Outlook link.

In Kix that could look like:

if ingroup("blah")

copy "@lserver\NETLOGON\test.lnk" "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\test.lnk"

else

del "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\test.lnk"

endif

UPDATE:

A quick test showed, that this works in Windows 8 RP as well!

Edited by modron

• 1 month later...

First of all, I have used wazer's solution for years (installing Win7 at people's homes) and it always worked perfectly and I am still grateful for the work it saved me.

But modron's solution is just brilliant in it's simplicity. It "happens" before the desktop is visible, so the quicklaunchbar is just there as if it never has been gone.

Now I have to live without the funny looks of the customer, when he sees the mouse moving by itself, installing the quicklaunchbar, but I can live with that :)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

This post is mainly for wazer and maxXPsoft.

I just tried 7quicklaunch.exe on W8 RTM and it worked just great! This was the version errored out on W8 CP. Just wanted to

set the record straight about this, since a few months ago I posted it didn't work for me on W8 CP. At any rate, this program when

combined with the current version of Classic Shell, and some theme and registry tuners I wrote, eliminate most of the MS crap

that crept in in W7 and the horrific crap in W8, making W8 actually usable for something other than chatting with your facebook "friends".

So, thank you to everyone here tha contributed to 7quicklaunch.exe!