5.1 channel subwoofer configure equalizer

rickytheanuj

I just bought a 5.1 channel subwoofer (JUMBOY) and i join it with my pc using only 1 wire as 2.1.. but my all 5 speaker give sound.. it's so rocking..

but when i visit one of my friend who have 2.1 channel subwoofer (seapeano).. I heard that that 2.1 channel sound better than mine the woofer is good treble is excellent.. there is a bass equalizer and also a treble equalizer but in my 5.1 there is only surround, center, front and bass (subwoofer) equalizer... there is no configuration for equalizing treble.. that's why my woofer is not sound excellent i thought...

is there any third party software for pc to control the treble equalizer

or how can i short out this problem

first of all thank you for reply..

I don't have any software with woofer what you mention above.. and about the woofer no i don't think he has better woofer.. both the speakers are made in china.. and he pays Rs.2500 for 2.1 channel (Seapeano) woofer where i payed Rs.3600 for 5.1 channel (Jumboy) speaker.

I think your problem is sound card. In the way you connected your speakers (just one wire, like 2.1 setup) there is no way that you can get full control. You need to get 5.1 sound card, so you can have better control. I had same problem, which was solved with new card.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

I think your problem is sound card. In the way you connected your speakers (just one wire, like 2.1 setup) there is no way that you can get full control. You need to get 5.1 sound card, so you can have better control. I had same problem, which was solved with new card.

Cheers ;)

Thank you for ur suggestion, i'll bring a 5.1 channel card and let you know the result.

thank u

first of all thank you for reply..

I don't have any software with woofer what you mention above.. and about the woofer no i don't think he has better woofer.. both the speakers are made in china.. and he pays Rs.2500 for 2.1 channel (Seapeano) woofer where i payed Rs.3600 for 5.1 channel (Jumboy) speaker.

i said sound card, not woofer.

You will see a HUGE difference between a 5.1 Surround and a 5 Speaker system. I have both of these configs at home, albeit one is hooked to a TV.

I have a TV that has a subwoofer hooked to it. That has outputs to 4 speakers, two left and two right. The ports on the speaker say Left Front, Right Front, etc but its just for positioning. It actually doesn't support Surround Sound. This isn't to say it sounds bad, it actually sounds great when watching movies or I do a sound test. My sound test on the TV (for fine tuning) is to put in the PS2 game Black and just let it loop the menu parts.

Now there is an insane difference between that and the speakers hooked up to the computer. Of course the TV only has 2 channels (bass and trebel) analog knobs on the front of it. My PC has a SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer PCI and a Creative Inspire (the first one ever) that uses DTS and Dolby 5.1. The SoundBlaster has software that includes ways to modify the channel levels and there is a 12 band graphic equalizer in there too. However the downfall is that the EQ is for all channels out instead of per channel/input/output. I am more used to having more control over my sound, but its good enough so I'm not going to complain.

Now if I could only get that Pioneer subwoofer working... Its the size of a minifridge!