problems integrating drivers

runLoganrun

Hi,

my process has been to use universal extractor on .exe drivers, which unpacks each driver to an individual folder, all of which are created in one parent folder. when i am in Integration i choose select driver folder and add the one parent folder with all the driver sub-folders in it. they appear to load into vlite and integrate, but when i install the disc, both with vista ult x64 and win 7 ult x64, the drivers don't install. i think i remember it actually working once, i may have been using driver magician then, which extracts the already installed drivers from your computer. if i'm making a disc for a different computer though, that process doesn't really work. I would typically just put some basics on there, graphics, chipset, soundcard, printer, lan, wlan, or both, um idk a couple others, but nothing installs along with OS. and btw yes i'm using a 64bit system to make x64 vlite discs.

can anyone help with this?

thanks,

rlr

ps: is this supposed to install all elements of the driver package, in the case of .exe's, like for example with the ati driver, is CCC supposed to get installed too? thx

• 2 weeks later...

first thoughts I would just install the drivers manually during setup before the partition manager comes up after the liscense agreement sopeara but to your question are you using vista sp1 that should work idk about sp2 but vlite only integrates the .Inf files however you have to load each .exe post install like normal and on another note you have to use dism for win7 jeronimos post maybe sausagehacks too-their posts have some more information about this it cannot be done in vlite for win7 you can also google integrate drivers for win7 using dism for more instruction on this hope that helps :/

first thoughts I would just install the drivers manually during setup before the partition manager comes up after the liscense agreement

how? mdt?

---------

i downloaded drivermax which backuped all my drivers currently using in win7 (MS and 3rd party drivers; very nice tool!) but the problem is how to integrate more than 50drivers into dism (they all stored in main dir and sub dirs

just want an easier way to integrate a full map without using commandlines/batches, which can become more of a problem than a simple solution :D:P

Edited by kawe

• 1 month later...

first thoughts I would just install the drivers manually during setup before the partition manager comes up after the liscense agreement

how? mdt?

---------

i downloaded drivermax which backuped all my drivers currently using in win7 (MS and 3rd party drivers; very nice tool!) but the problem is how to integrate more than 50drivers into dism (they all stored in main dir and sub dirs

just want an easier way to integrate a full map without using commandlines/batches, which can become more of a problem than a simple solution :D:P

anyone else can comment on this? possible to integrate drivers with windows 7

how?

thx,

rlr