Help a girl out?

Maka84

Hi...

So, I have just bought myself one of those netbooks, The aspire one d250 720p and i'm trying to nlite my Windows XP professional sp3 so that it won't use so much resources.. but I'm failing miserably. :D

Maybe someone here can help me come up with a preset that works okay for me?

I will be integrating Xable's update pack , so I want to strip as much as I can without any complications.

I want internet explorer gone, windows update, mediaplayer, outlook.. As much as possible without complications and then install my own replacements.

I use these applications: cccp codec pack with mediaplayer classic, amsn, Firefox, Thunderbird, Foobar, truecrypt..Basic stuff.. Not office or anything like that.

I want to keep lan and wlan working fine with dhcp etc..

Feel free to ask questions if theres anything you want to know,

Help me out, please?

Edited by Maka84

No one here will take the time to customize or put together an entire nLite preset for you (unless they have already done so themselves) for one main reason...They simply don't have the time and/or resources to do so since it involves testing and so forth. A good place to start (after searching Google for "aspire one" nLite) would most likely be this site which already has a working preset laid out for you and ready for anyone to customize to their heart's content.

I hope that helps. :)

Maka84, I have some suggestions for you:

Please see this thread. There are two links in the first post describing slimming down Windows for net books. The thread itself is instructive because it points out that removing something you ultimately need is very problematical. Basically, it should be considered that anything you remove requires a rebuild/reinstall to correct.

And, some unsolicited - do not remove IE or Windows Update. Both are really needed for security reasons. Consider a virtual system (VMware Server, VirtualPC and VirtualBox are free) to test your ISOs.

Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc