Removing XPize 4.7

Muzza

Firstly big shout to W3bbo for XPize 5.6 - amazing bit of software mate! :thumbup

I've got the same problem as some other members where I'm trying to remove XPize 4.7. I had a look at Windows/Xpize and had a thought - can I remove the urlmon.dll (gives me a ordinal 421 error on restart) files (in Backup, Resources etc) and then try to remove 4.7 ? Does it have an internal list that it looks for, or does it just traverse the folders and decide from that what to restore?

If it does, then I could rollback 5.6, remove 4.7 and then go forward with 5.6.

Running XP under SP3 - hence the ordinal problem.

Thanks!

The best solution is just to install 5R6 on top of your system and just forget about 4.7.

Or format your system. XPize 4.x's uninstaller really isn't that well written. Personally I'd reformat.

Or you could experiment if you take a Ghost snapshot of your drive and play around with different orders of uninstallation/installation.

I had a look at the registry and found that the DLLs are listed there with a presume hash values so I ended up removing XPize 4.7 from the registry, and other versions 4.6 - I deleted the folder and from the menu and the XPize settings. Yep I know it wasn't the cleanest way to do it but if I get half a chance, I'll restore, remove the entry for urlmon.dll and see if that makes a difference.

Never got a chance to restore the system and see if I can frig around removing XPize 4.7 by deleting one of the registry keys - system has been stable now all week so it looks like the cowboy approach did the job.

Thanks!