What is the difference 2A GHz & 2.2 GHz

NikNt

The new Pentium 4a's have 512 of L2 cach, thats 2x more then the standard Pentium 4, they are based on a .13 micron and can be found at clock seeds of 2.0GHZ and 2.2GHZ. These new Cpus are sappose to utilize the Rd-Ram to its fullest capablity...an in fact this chip is sappose to SCREAM!..i got my eye on this one!

-Drew

I'm planning to get it, but not sure which one.

The guy in the shop told me, that 2A is 2.2GHz, but in his stock I could see other P4 which is 2.2GHz not 2A.

I actually have RD RAM and 423pin proc, so I wanted to upgrate

to 478pin 2.2GHz and twhich will support RD-RAM.

He told me, he can get ASUS 478 RD-RAM.

So what is better 2A or 2.2 GHz?

Thanks

NikNT, the P4 2A is one of two 2.0 GHz CPUs made by Intel.

There are two types of P4 2.0 GHz CPUs made by Intel. They both run at differen't voltages and this is where people (even techs) get confused. Additionally, there are higher rated CPUs in this line.

The P4 2A runs at a Core/Max. Voltage 1.50.

The P4 2.0 runs at Core/Max. Voltage 1.75

This is an important factor when purchasing a new motherboard and CPU combination.

Voltage Requirements for the Intel Pentium P4 Series:

http://support.intel.com/support/processor...um4/voltreq.htm

MSNwar - The FatMan

According to the Febuary edition of MaximumPc, the Intel Pentium 4a is the "Northwood" and the older series of the P4 is the "Willamette" . In comparison the Wilamette has a .18micron core, 42 million trasisitors,12kb L1 micro cache,8kb data cache,256kb of L1 cache, a die size of 218mm sequared, runs on 75.3 thermal watts and began with the 1.5ghz; while the Northwood has a .13micron core, 55million trasistors, 12kb L1 mirco cache,8kb datd cache,512kb of L2 cache the die size is 146mm squared, runes on 55.1 thermal watts and has began with the 2.2Ghz.

-Drew