Windows Explorer folder in VISTA!

spike1

Hi

I am trying to find the same type of folder that I had in XP , the windows explorer , where it would show me all the files and folders in C drive as well as the same when I put a cd in , I can not find anything where it will show all the files and folders in directory like XP does .

cheers

spike

Huh? Windows Explorer is not folder, it's an application. It is still present in Vista. If you cant find it in your start menu just type explorer in the run box.

Huh? Windows Explorer is not folder, it's an application. It is still present in Vista. If you cant find it in your start menu just type explorer in the run box.

Hi

thnaks for your reply , there isn't a run box in VISTA , well not one like XP , as in start / run, I think I will just bin VISTA and go back to XP !.

cheers

spike

Right Click Start Button -> 'Select Properties' -> Goto 'Start Menu' tab -> Click 'Customize' on whichever start menu you are using -> scroll down and check 'Run Command' -> Click 'OK' twice

you now have a run command on your start menu. alternately you can press WindowsKey+R on the keyboard and get straight to it.

now as for your original question. I believe you are referring to the navigation pane in windows explorer.

Click 'Start' -> 'Computer' if you dont show the tree view on the right, click Organize -> Layout -> Navigation Pane

-X- and Andre, typing "expl" or "explorer" into the start menu search box will just open the games explorer if you type explorer into Win+r then you get windows explorer

Hi

thnaks for your reply , there isn't a run box in VISTA , well not one like XP , as in start / run, I think I will just bin VISTA and go back to XP !.

cheers

spike

If you are using it for the first time, give it some time to get used to the new things and changes from XP.

If you click Computer in the Start Menu it is the same as My PC in XP. You can also right-click it and make a shortcut on the Desktop or Quick Launch Bar.

As with XP, you can right-click the taskbar and choose properties. There you can enable the run box in the Start Menu...