[Tutorial]Modify an offline msi installer for administrative install

YumeYao

It's all during uninstall. I went into ARP and clicked "Remove" for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Then it popped up that error box. I'm going to have my 7zip extract the files to "%CommonProgramFiles%\Repackaged Installers\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1" and see if that makes a difference. I figure at least the files would be available.

I included the Regedit window in the background so that you can see that it's caused because the "InstallSource" directory is set to the temp folder indicated in the error.

I also went into "%SystemRoot%\Installer\" and attempted to manually run the .NET FW 3.5 MSI (I don't recall the name; random hex characters like 3d8af.msi ... I just looked at the version info until I found the right one) that's in there to uninstall, but that didn't work either.

I see your post at strel's SNMsynth, did you use his script to install all the stuffs?

so can you try without his script? because I can't find any thing wrong in your vs_setup.msi excpet for ARPSYSCOMPONENT.

EDIT:

sorry I got it wrong. well, you applied his NETWUFIX.mst, then you HAVE TO use his script otherwise it'll be not uninstallable.

Edited by YumeYao