not new to nlite, but confused. how do I make folders where i want the

goatfuzz

For an unattended setup, I've been trying to get sub-folders into my programs list so my start-programs list isn't a mile long. I can't figure out how to make the subfolders go where I want them. I've read in the forums but I just don't quite get it as to how to.

I'd like to get it so that I have, for example, start/programs/browsers or start/programs/text readers, etc. and then my actual items listed in each sub-folder.

I just cannot figure it out. I've been learning to do some things, but I just don't understand this stuff.

If someone could explain it in simple language, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Edited by goatfuzz

clarification: I meant to say.. I want to make the sub-folders as I integrate the new programs using nlite. I can integrate them all day long, but can't figure out how to make the sub-folders during integration. My integrated programs always just show up under start/programs and no signs of the sub-folders, so I know I'm doing it wrong.

Just create the folders makes no sense without the links in it.

Maybe you`re looking for something like this:

884spp1it33.png

I do this with a SFX after XP- and Program-Installations.

This is my SFX, but beware to execute it - it will destroy your old startmenu permanently,

because it`s deleteting all older entries.

DOWNLOAD

g-force, yes that's about exactly what I'm trying to do. I just can't figure out how to set it up as I'm building my unattended install in nlite.

I'm gonna experiment with your file, I have computer that I'm using as a test dummy.. a 10g hdd and I just reformat and change the os with every try. It's great for not messing up my main computer!

I've got a LOT of learning to do yet. I really don't understand what I'm doing, but I'm trying! Thanks!!!

Thanks guys for the help!!! I'm gonna try both of your suggestions I think and see which one works best for me. I haven't had much time at all to try anything since I posted my question, and have to go out of town for the next few days, but I will try both ideas and let you know how it goes.