win7 image size

vinifera

- im noob

- i know vlite isnt made for win7

when i remove things from win7 i dont want, the vlite in bracket shows how big

installation is, in my case i wanted to slim it down to 650-700 MB for CD to make Lite version,

but when i "apply" all changes and go to image building, the ISO is about 500 MB smaller than original (1.700 MB)

and not CD size

is there something special user has to do for this ?

its about win7 ultimate RTM iso

Check out Jeronimo's extreme removal guide or dead0's not so extreme guide and theres also sausagehack's minimizing windows 7 preinstall guide. All are in the vLite section of the forum. hope that will get windows 7 onto a CD for you :)

@icemanx: just check the most recent topics that are opened by by me dead0 and SausageHack. If you think finding the topic is hard, then wait till you try and get the iso-size down to 500M: I doubt it is even possible without crippling Windows.

@icemanx: just check the most recent topics that are opened by by me dead0 and SausageHack. If you think finding the topic is hard, then wait till you try and get the iso-size down to 500M: I doubt it is even possible without crippling Windows.

its possible...i got the ultimate x86 install.wim down to 460mb & fully working! :P