Office 2007 Slipstreaming

SuperZorro

Hey, just wanted to hear if any you have experience with Office 2007 and servicepack slipstreaming.. In my experience the update folder thing is significantly slower than installing without the servicepack. In 2003 I don't remember slipstreaming would impact installation time..

Also, anyone experimented actually integrating the sp with

msiexec /p [path\name of update MSP file]/a [path\name of MSI file] SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb /L* [path\name of log file]

don't believe you can actually integrate sp's with 2007 like you can with 2003. yes, 2007 install is slower with sp's in the updates folder because it installs office, then installs the service pack(s) and update(s).

it's the same if you were to manually install it after installing 2007. there's no way around it.

Office Integrator uses the updates folder...

I was looking for a way to apply the service pack during installation of office, without increasing the installation time. I really don't understand why MS took away the slipstreaming method :(

I was looking for a way to apply the service pack during installation of office, without increasing the installation time. I really don't understand why MS took away the slipstreaming method :(

Office Integrator, as the name implies, integrates service packs and hotfixes into the source Office CD, creates an ISO from which you burn a new CD and then install. Would not this method be faster than first installing Office, then the service packs, then the hotfixes? Or am I missing something in what it is you want to do? :whistle:

Office Integrator, as the name implies, integrates service packs and hotfixes into the source Office CD, creates an ISO from which you burn a new CD and then install. Would not this method be faster than first installing Office, then the service packs, then the hotfixes? Or am I missing something in what it is you want to do? :whistle:

Yes, you are missing something. With Office 2003 you can integrate SP and hotfixes directly into the source. With Office 2007 you can't do that. SP's and hotifxes are just extracted with Office Integrator to Updates folder and those Sp's and hotfixes are installed after Office is installed, making total installation slower.

Cheers ;)

• 1 month later...
Yes, you are missing something. With Office 2003 you can integrate SP and hotfixes directly into the source. With Office 2007 you can't do that. SP's and hotifxes are just extracted with Office Integrator to Updates folder and those Sp's and hotfixes are installed after Office is installed, making total installation slower.

Cheers ;)

So there is no way to really integrate SP's/hotfixes in an office 2007 dvd?

Installing all 807MB of updates (from updates folder) after the installing of office is taking waaaaaay to long for me.