Unattended Cross-Platform Installation Error (bootstr.dll)

I've ran into an issue doing a cross-platform install of Windows 7 x64 Enterprise from a 32bit PE (actually it's BartPE/XPE). Basically, I pre-partition the HDD prior to launching setup (so I don't end up with the 100MB reserved service partition), then I run the following command:

\\server\win7ent_x86_setup\setup.exe /installfrom:\\server\win7ent_x64_setup\sources\install.wim /unattend:\\server\setup\unattend.xml

I've mounted both the x86 and x64 iso images on the server, and shared them as win7ent_xYY_setup, so the entire DVDs are available to setup.exe.

So setup takes off and runs basically the entire initial file copy and just prior to the first reboot sequence, I get a pop-up:

setup.exe - Bad Image
The application or DLL C:\Windows\System32\en-US\bootstr.dll.mui is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

If I click OK it, then I immediately get:

setup.exe - Bad Image
The application or DLL C:\Windows\System32\bootstr.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

If I click on that, then the installation carries on its merry way and finishes, then reboots into Windows 7 x64.

Now - I can understand why setup.exe thinks those are bad images - obviously those are the 64bit versions of the files. But the question is, why is setup.exe attempting to open them, and secondly, how do I avoid this from happening, because it is not really an unattended installation if you have to click OK twice in the middle of it.

dcc

Edited by dcolpitts