BSOD...

jcarle

Looks like a nasty case of brain damage to me. Start yourself up in life support mode and disable the left side of your brain. If you aren't crashing after that, we can safely assume the problem is epilepsy-related, especially if memory loss occurs. If not, try the other side of the brain.

A healthy dose of Windows NT should cure it too. :whistle:

How many of you remember when either XP or 2000 was being advertised? I remember full 2 page spreads of a BSOD in industry magazines, basically saying you won't ever see these again. I used to cut those out and put them all over my cubicle back then! Those were the best adverts ever!

How many of you remember when either XP or 2000 was being advertised? I remember full 2 page spreads of a BSOD in industry magazines, basically saying you won't ever see these again. I used to cut those out and put them all over my cubicle back then! Those were the best adverts ever!

lol, they should do the same ads now.

then change the code to go from blue to lets say red., lol, no more blue screens, now its a RSOD :)

i think they actually tried that out in early versions of vista too!

Edited by ripken204

To be fair, they were kind of right. BSODs are rare nowadays and in Windows 98 it was pitifully easy to trigger one... say, try to save a file to a floppy and eject the floppy as the file is being written to disk? Instant BSOD. Any BSOD i've had on a Windows NT system has largely been someone else's fault, bad drivers, me doing something I shouldn't have or a knackered hard drive. Windows 9x BSODs aren't always the system's fault, but how poor it was at handling exceptions certainly was.

lol, they should do the same ads now.

then change the code to go from blue to lets say red., lol, no more blue screens, now its a RSOD :)

i think they actually tried that out in early versions of vista too!

You are right. I remember that also. Too bad, its better than the bSOD they have now.

• 2 weeks later...