utorrent is causing BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

mr2005

$20 on your NIC drivers, especially if it's nvidia ;) Or one of those firewall/security suites that hijack your TCP/IP stack if you use one (or malware)...

Then again, that's just pure guesswork. If you want a factual, no guesswork explanation of what causes it, create a memory dump and share it with us (zip/rar/7zip it then upload it anywhere like megaupload.com and give us the download link). Then we can work our winbdg-fu.

$20 on your NIC drivers, especially if it's nvidia ;) Or one of those firewall/security suites that hijack your TCP/IP stack if you use one (or malware)...

Then again, that's just pure guesswork. If you want a factual, no guesswork explanation of what causes it, create a memory dump and share it with us (zip/rar/7zip it then upload it anywhere like megaupload.com and give us the download link). Then we can work our winbdg-fu.

thanks all.

for the memory dump, i think get everything except step 1 :

1. Create or set the following registry value:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters

Value: CrashOnCtrlScroll

Type: REG_DWORD

Data: 1

where do i go for this? thanks again.

for the memory dump, i think get everything except step 1 :

1. Create or set the following registry value:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters

Value: CrashOnCtrlScroll

Type: REG_DWORD

Data: 1

where do i go for this? thanks again.

Note you won't need this if it's crashing on it's own - that is only for manually taking memory dumps. If it's crashing on it's own, you can omit that key (although it's good to have enabled otherwise anyway).

I`m pretty sure it is caused by the NIC.

If you`ve got more than 1 NIC, please deactivate the Nvidia and use the other NIC for testing.

If it doesn`t crash anymore, you know it`s the Nvidia-NIC. We`ll see further on after that test.