vLite Windows 7 and move folders...

rculver9056

For the time being, I want to use the re-arm trick with Windows 7, and do a clean install every 4th month (and probably do a fresh install every now and again when I get the key too).

I want to make this as painless as possible and get more stuff set up when doing the vlite stuff, but namely moving some folders, for example:

Videos, Music and Pictures from my documents folder to d:\multimedia\<folder>.

Also, I want to try to keep the Library folder setup.

Anyone got any ideas?

Would it be possible to create a batch file to move the folders? They're just links, right?

Maybe for the libraries, I could just save the info - But where woud I look to find this? Or could I use my batch file idea to do this too?

I don't mind doing a few thigs after installing 7, but this config does take some time to set up initially.

Also, I tried the Easy File Transfer thing, but it just messed up the moved folders so I now have 2 copies of everthing in my personal folder. That was just doing the first part (saving info).

Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated.

im running a modified win7 on my mini and have setup junctions to where i store all my stuff on a 16gb sd card..program files,users,hib and page file are all relocated to my sd card using hard junctions and it works great :) u could use symlinks but i rather use the junctions..google is ure friend

Yes, DJ Elo - Google is my friend!

I'll look into this junction thing - I did have a look at this before, but didn't really get into it (I just wanted to see what the link program did while I was nosing around the system!)

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers - Will read 'em now...

By the way, would installing it to a VM, tewaking it, and them doing this sysprep thing back to a .wim work...?

Where can I get info on doing the sysprep stuff...?

Edited by rculver9056