Powerplan setting by unattend.xml

Has anyone noticed that you can't set the powerplan (high performance or other) by WSIM(WAIK) in Windows 7? I'm using the latest WAIK.

Whatever I tried, the default powerplan is always set.

Hi Cluberti

That's what I thought. I'm running powercfg by setupcomplete.cmd from the scripts folder

I asked this in another thread .

What is the proper way of running a batch file using wsim?

I want to add script batch file (*.cmd) execution by running a synchronous command at oobe step.

I know that it should start with "cmd /c ....", but what about the path? I don't have a network share I could use. Environment variables maybe? I don't want the batch files to be copied on the computer I'm installing, I'd rather run them directly from the dvd. Is that possible???

Hi Cluberti

That's what I thought. I'm running powercfg by setupcomplete.cmd from the scripts folder

I asked this in another thread .

What is the proper way of running a batch file using wsim?

I want to add script batch file (*.cmd) execution by running a synchronous command at oobe step.

I know that it should start with "cmd /c ....", but what about the path? I don't have a network share I could use. Environment variables maybe? I don't want the batch files to be copied on the computer I'm installing, I'd rather run them directly from the dvd. Is that possible???

It's possible, but you'll still need a "stub" cmd to launch it on the local disk. In general, I use a .cmd file that does a simple for loop to find a file that will be on the CD, and assign any drive letter it finds that file on to the CD drive as an environment variable, for example, looking for a CD.txt file at the root of the CD drive that I place in my ISO before burning:

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%

• 1 year later...

Howdy, has anyone figured out how to set this via unattended. I have tried WAIK and just tried adding a key in my HKLM.reg file and neither worked. If the answer is a script with powercfg.exe how do you run that? I am trying to set the monitor to turn off after ten minutes and leave everything else on all the time. Thank you for any help on the matter. Have a good one.

Kevin

include these in a .cmd file or in <FirstLogonCommands>

REM High performance

POWERCFG -SETACTIVE 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

REM monitor to turn off after ten minutes

POWERCFG -Change -monitor-timeout-ac 10

Edited by maxXPsoft

REM High performance

Hey Max, thanks a bunch for the reply. I should be able to use that command. Will that also keep the system from entering standby? Also, is it possible to create a custom power scheme where everything is set to never turn off or idle and import that, or is that what High Performance will do? Thanks again, have a good day.

Kevin

Hey Max, thanks a bunch for the reply. I should be able to use that command. Will that also keep the system from entering standby? Also, is it possible to create a custom power scheme where everything is set to never turn off or idle and import that, or is that what High Performance will do? Thanks again, have a good day.

Kevin

you will have to use Cmd /c POWERCFG with these unless they are in a .cmd file

My settings

POWERCFG -X -monitor-timeout-ac 120

POWERCFG -X -disk-timeout-ac 120

POWERCFG -X -standby-timeout-ac 120

POWERCFG -X -hibernate-timeout-ac 120

or hibernate OFF

POWERCFG -H OFF

Edited by maxXPsoft

My settings

POWERCFG -X -monitor-timeout-ac 120

POWERCFG -X -disk-timeout-ac 120

POWERCFG -X -standby-timeout-ac 120

POWERCFG -X -hibernate-timeout-ac 120

or hibernate OFF

POWERCFG -H OFF

Thanks again Max. I am going to try the commands manually in a moment. Apologies for being tedious. Have a good one.

Kevin

Edited by kevin34

I have used them as above and is working on a UA and will work anyways. Better yet my hard drive no longer thrashing off/on setting these to 120 minutes. Now if I could get it to quit spinning up dvd when I open explorer be a good thing.

• 2 years later...

REM High performance

Many thanks!

Seems the best way to change power settings with Autounattend.xml file! Tested and works really fine.