PROMPT DURING INSTALL usb drivers not digitally signed

anwaypasible

i have an issue with my nlite install disc.

when installing windows xp i get a prompt that says 'standard enhanced pci to usb host controller drive is not digitally signed' and it gives me an option to continue anyway.

then i get another prompt that says something about a different usb driver that is not digitally signed, i dont remember exactly but i think it is 'standard openhcd usb host controller'

this is preventing me to go any further with the installation because when the second of the two prompts pop up, there is no usb input allowed.. so my usb keyboard and usb mouse are totally useless.

i dont have an old school ps/2 keyboard handy to select 'yes continue anyways'

therefore i would like to make a new nlite disc and this time fix this burden.

how do i replace the unsigned drivers with some drivers that wont give a prompt during the installation process?

Hmm, nLite usually tells setup to ignore that you are using unsigned drivers....or is that only when you use the unattended tab? Did you do unattended?

Edited by -X-

no, i didnt use the unattended option.

wouldnt the 'ignore unsigned driver' feature of nlite help to create the problem?

this nlite disc was created by me at least a year ago or more, so i dont remember what details i inputted into the software.

i figure i would start fresh with a clean slate and make another attempt at using nlite.

you say nlite has a feature that will/won't ignore unsigned drivers, surely i could benefit from having a second/closer look at this feature.

where would i find some signed usb drivers?

and how do i ensure that the drivers are infact signed, before i burn the finished results to disc?

wouldnt the 'ignore unsigned driver' feature of nlite help to create the problem?

There is no ignore unsigned driver feature that you can turn on/off. It may only happen if the tasks you performed make an nlite.inf file or you use a winnt.sif to have setup ignore unsigned drivers.

this nlite disc was created by me at least a year ago or more, so i dont remember what details i inputted into the software.

If you look in the root of the CD you may find a Last Session.ini. That will tell you what you did.

you say nlite has a feature that will/won't ignore unsigned drivers, surely i could benefit from having a second/closer look at this feature.

When nLite does a task that creates an nlite.inf file it sometimes??? adds this...

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing","Policy",0x00000001,0

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing","BehaviorOnFailedVerify",0x00010001,0

I know for sure that if you do the unattended it will ignore driver signing (because they will be in winnt.sif) but don't know what else will trigger those entries in nlite.inf. Maybe anytime nlite.inf is created by lets say just adding one tweak it will add the unsigned ignore section. Would have to do a test run to find out and I'm not in the mood right now.

where would i find some signed usb drivers?

and how do i ensure that the drivers are infact signed, before i burn the finished results to disc?

From the manufacturers website. You can test by making sure driver signing check is turned on by going to System Properties and then try installing the drivers.

i found 6 lastsession.ini files.. and those are dated 5-1-2008

so i guest i need to suck it up and try the unattended option.

what is this about virtual install to test nlite settings that i've heard about?

i remember reading about people 'virtually' installing the nlite version to check for errors/mistakes.. and i'd like to do the same.

although i feel utterly confused, because i think you said 'if you choose the unattended option, the driver sign check will be disabled during installation of the operating system'

is that correct?

what is this about virtual install to test nlite settings that i've heard about?

You can use Virtual PC from MS, VirtualBox from Sun or VMware to test your ISOs on a virtual computer. It wont be able to test your hardware though.

if you choose the unattended option, the driver sign check will be disabled during installation of the operating system'

is that correct?

correct