intregate favorites and bookmarks?

proevofanatik

Well Firefox uses a random name for the profile folder. You can change that of course via %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini. This is what I use for mine...

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=X
IsRelative=0
Path=D:\Programs\Firefox\Profile

If you do something like that, you will have both folder locations. You can then have your Favorites and bookmarks.html copied over during guirunonce.

If you need me to explain this in detail, let me know.

You may also want to consider what I do. I move Firefox and my Favorites folder to a non-OS drive. Anytime I reinstall, I don't need to worry about redoing my Firefox or my IE Favorites.

Well Firefox uses a random name for the profile folder. You can change that of course via %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini. This is what I use for mine...

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=X
IsRelative=0
Path=D:\Programs\Firefox\Profile

If you do something like that, you will have both folder locations. You can then have your Favorites and bookmarks.html copied over during guirunonce.

If you need me to explain this in detail, let me know.

You may also want to consider what I do. I move Firefox and my Favorites folder to a non-OS drive. Anytime I reinstall, I don't need to worry about redoing my Firefox or my IE Favorites.

so what you mean is you change the path of your favorites to a different drive and keep the favorites on there? i never thought of that cheers m8. how do you change the path of the favorites again. on both if you dont mind

You can use Tweak UI to modify it's location( it's under My Computer > Special Folders) then export these 2 keys.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

"Favorites"=

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]

"Favorites"=