Zotac ION itx

bj-kaiser

So, I got myself a Zotac ION ITX-A Mainboard (Intel Atom N330 and Nvidia 9400M) and while it certainly isnt a gaming rig, it does quite well for the little price. I have to say I'm impressed. That thing leaves my trusty IBM T42 (Pentium M 1.8GHz) in the cold.

What I am not so impressed about:

• no fan control in the BIOS (yet), thus the fan is running at 3400 RPM all the time. and having that thing in the box on my desk, it gets on my nerves.
  • some bug in the BIOS that halts the boot with a "keyboard not functional" error, reproduceable with PS/2 and USB keyboard.

Anyone else here using that hardware?

• no fan control in the BIOS (yet), thus the fan is running at 3400 RPM all the time. and having that thing in the box on my desk, it gets on my nerves.

you could buy a fan like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835192007

anything will do. it doesnt have to be this one -just find one with a variable switch (they have some that operate on a heat sensor that changes the rpm automatically too)

you dont have to use that fan just splice in whatever fan you want and mount it in a PCI thats just the first one o found that had a rpm switch

I thought that mobo came with no fan at all?

I sell the Atom 330 as my basic desktop systems for office/Internet usage in combination with the older 945 Intel chipset, combined with 2GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM and it runs perfectly after installing Vista (before finishing the install, windows updates are really slow on any Atom CPU).

EDIT: I see it comes with a small fan... just get yourself a case with a side fan and your done ;).