errors with some installations, vista x64 ult.

runLoganrun

hi,

I get the following error when trying to install Spybot on a compaq notebook:

Runtime Error (at 10:1166):

Access Violation at address 00590BF0. Write of address 00590BF0

I also got it when i tried to install some other things, can't remember what though, but they had different addresses listed.

I got this error with other software:

unknown software exception (0xc0000005) at location " " (with different codes between quotes depending on app)

lastly, when trying to install Elder Scrolls IV- Oblivion, it very quickly installs little bits where the actual app pieces would go, and shows me the Play, Options, Exit, etc. opening screen of the game, but it never installs it. I deleted everything and tried again but had same results. there is no error message

i just re-installed vista ultimate x64 (deleting old partition first, and starting fresh), and am not experiencing any other problems really. when i googled the error messages, it came up that it could be a memory problem so i ran memtest 2.11 for 5 hours, 8 full passes, and got no errors though.

I have no idea what to do at this point, it only happens on some apps, AIM was another one, they don't seem to have anything to do with each other, but some apps install perfect and others throw these errors, everything was vista x64 compatible.

Can anybody help with this one?

thanks a lot,

rlr

Lian Li PC-6077B

DFI LP LT X48-T2R

Intel C2D E8400 (@4.0)

Corsair Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500 C5DF (@1069)

Sapphire HD 4870

Corsair TX750