Online banking with windows and linux ..

--VIP--

hiyaaaa peeeps now i have a question i need to know about asap lol

Now i want to do online banking at home without anhy worry of keyloggers or MW or TR or anything like that ...

I have made viruses before and trojans and done alot of binding UD work so i know that Antiviruses are no mach for a good UD dinded trojan ..

So what i wanted to do was use Xp pro as my main OS and use Vmware and use Linux OS to go online throught Firefox to do online banking .

Thats the only way i know so far thats the best security for online banking ...

Now am i going over the top on all this or do you thing its a good ,best way to do online banking ?????

If so does anyone know a really very small Linux OS i can use thats lite and has firefox ?????

Ubuntu is to heavy on Vmware and ive only got 2 gig memory :)

or shall i just use a nice cut down version of xp on vmware ?

I'd say having a good firewall or active scanner which has keylogger definitions is good.

Some security suites will have Virtual Keyboards, which are supposed to provide some degree of protection against keyloggers.

I may be completely wrong, but running a VM will expose the VM to memory hooks from malware in the host, even if the same memory hooks may not have enough privileges in the guest VM. Then again, I could be way off.

hiyaaaa peeeps now i have a question i need to know about asap lol

Now i want to do online banking at home without anhy worry of keyloggers or MW or TR or anything like that ...

I have made viruses before and trojans and done alot of binding UD work so i know that Antiviruses are no mach for a good UD dinded trojan ..

So what i wanted to do was use Xp pro as my main OS and use Vmware and use Linux OS to go online throught Firefox to do online banking .

Thats the only way i know so far thats the best security for online banking ...

Now am i going over the top on all this or do you thing its a good ,best way to do online banking ?????

If so does anyone know a really very small Linux OS i can use thats lite and has firefox ?????

Ubuntu is to heavy on Vmware and ive only got 2 gig memory :)

or shall i just use a nice cut down version of xp on vmware ?

Since it sounds like your main concern is what is present on your own system, I'd recommend booting from a Linux Live CD each time you do your online banking. Ubuntu's Live CD should boot just fine on 2 GB of RAM, and you can save any files you need to a FAT32 flash drive.

Or you could increase your RAM to about 4 to 8 GB and go all out:

Tin Hat Linux

<snip> keyloggers <snip> So what i wanted to do was use Xp pro as my main OS and use Vmware and use Linux OS to go online throught Firefox to do online banking .
That won't work against keyloggers in the host OS, since the keystrokes to the VM go through the host first.

The safest way is booting a Live CD each time you want to online banking.