Pin a folder shortcut to StartMenu or Taskbar?

DigeratiPrime

I am looking for a way to Pin a folder shortcut to StartMenu or Taskbar so that the contents are displayed in the Jump List. By default a folder can be pinned but the contents are opened in a new window.

For example I want to Pin the Microsoft Office folder from "Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office" to the StartMenu/Taskbar and see Word, Excel, etc when right clicking on it.

There might be a smarter way that I don't know of, but out of the box you can use the folder as the basis for a new toolbar and then shrink it down to its smallest size - the ">>" icon the acts as a hack-job jump list.

There is this tool "Jumplist Launcher" that I've not tried myself to know if it does what you want, but it might be worth investigation:

Jumplist Launcher

• 8 months later...

I have a similar request (enough not to make a new topic) to this one. Say I have an existing icon in the Start Menu, but it shows up under the cut. I want to get that shortcut to be pinned to the Start Menu so that you see it right away without having to click the Programs bar. Any ideas?

EDIT: Third party software need not apply.