Storing custom volume label in nLite.ini [Solved]

Csimbi

Hi there,

nLite always set the volume label to "WinLite".

I have to enter it manually every time because, it seems that it is not saved into the Last_Session.ini.

Is there any way to tell nLite to use a specific volume label instead of "WinLite"?

Thank you.

Edit:

Updated the topic title to reflect that it's solved; see post #7 from g-force below.

Edited by Csimbi

u can set it to whatever u want in the last page of iso creation/write cd/dvd page.
I think Csimbi's actually looking for a way to have that volume label saved in the Last_Session.ini file. I don't think this is possible, but I may be wrong.

u can set it to whatever u want in the last page of iso creation/write cd/dvd page.

Right, I know that, but that's not what I am I looking for. I guess I was not clear about that, let me try again.

Entering the same volume label every time you create an ISO is becoming a pain (just build two images per hour, and you will see what I mean).

Hence, I am looking for a way to tell nLite to use a specific volume label for the image. The easiest would be if it could be added to the INI file, but it seems that it's not saved there automatically, so I guess it's not possible (or, not documented)...

I don`t know if it`s a bug or feature - older versions of nLite stored the last ISO-Label.

You can store an ISO-Label manually by editing the "nLite.ini" in the programfolder like this:

[General]
Language = Deutsch
CPriority = 2
AdvTweaks
Path1 =
Path2 =
Path3 =
Path4 =
[ISO]
ISO_label = XPProSP3

g-force,

thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, it does not work with nLite 1.4.9.1; nLite will create a blank INI file.

Edited by Csimbi

g-force,

Unfortunately, it does not work with nLite 1.4.9.1; nLite will create a blank INI file.

I tested again with nLite 1.4.9.1 - it stores new settings (e.g. Path) in the .ini and keeps the ISO-Setting.

g-force,

I tested again with nLite 1.4.9.1 - it stores new settings (e.g. Path) in the .ini and keeps the ISO-Setting.

Really?

I added this to the end of the nLite.ini file (same place as nLite.exe) :

[ISO]
ISO_label = TEST

and nLite wiped out the whole file and created a new, blank file containing only this:

[General]
Path1 =
CPriority = 2

Am I doing something wrong?