Weird IE Paste Bug

dencorso

Note that the "paste -> font enlargening + nothing pasted" (that I'm glad you can reproduce) wasn't reported on Vista. What was reported is the rarer form of the bug (sometimes it won't manifest for me for weeks on end): "paste to search bar -> nothing gets pasted", and this form of the bug won't go away by simple repasting, when it manifests. You've got to paste elsewhere (say, Notepad), copy again and try to paste again to the address bar, at least twice, before anything gets pasted. And when it gets pasted, a long time will elapse before it manifests again, although once or twice I've seen this happen twice on the same day, but this is very uncommon.

it's just not *probable*. It's possible I might win the lottery too, but the probability is likely just as low ;).

Sure, you are perfectly correct in calculating chances, but I have a slightly different point of view :unsure: , first price in the lottery being "a good, working, stable OS with a bugfree integrated browser". :whistle:

Over the years I bought quite a lot of tickets for that MS lottery, but never won. :(

:P

jaclaz

• 1 month later...
hopefully IE9 will solve all current IE issues, maybe.

No, IE8 is enough! Both bugs are solved in IE8. So, for anyone annoyed by the bugs described in this thread, upgrading to IE8 is the only known solution. A great one, BTW!