Networking Bag

Nerwin

This question is for all the network technician geeks (including my self :P)

I have like a ton of tools, wire, and other stuff that I normally bring with me when I am setting up networks at homes, some are very simple and some I put boxes in the walls.

My question is, what do you use to store all this gear?

I my self is thinking to use a electrician bag. But I wanted to know what everyone else uses to haul their gear from place to place.

It should cover all my needs!

...until you start using it :} Digging through a handbag for stuff piled on top of each other and no organization whatsoever gets old.

I'm using something most like jcarle does. The little compartments are used for RJ11/RJ45/snap-n-seal F-type connectors, self-adhesive and screw mounted cable tie holders, etc.

Then I have several larger compartments which are very handy for separating tools in bunches, like general tools (pliers, side cutters, spare/old leatherman, etc), coax-related tools (crimper for F connectors, acutrac sat finder, etc), network/phone related (RJ11/45 crimper, bix/66/110 punch tools, toner, butt set, etc) and other odds & ends (flashlight, weller butane soldering iron, electrical tape, etc) elsewhere. It's pretty crammed in there though and I'd love to fit lots more in.

Well I don't have many tools. I only got a RJ-11/45 Crimper, Coax Crimper, cheap punch down tool, all in one wire stripper, my awesome electrician screw driver and some connectors, wall plates and a couple old construction boxes.

I just needed something that would keep them all together so I'm running all over the place to find them!

But it will work great for me! I'll take a picture when I get it next week :P