Have I been hacked?

I know this may sound paranoid guys but i think it's a strange coincidence, there's a guy that lives on my street, he doesn't live there permanently probably on business etc but every single time he is home and i'm talking like about 8 occasions now my computer runs slow i.e in the task manager cpu is between 40 and 50% when i'm not running anything plus the memory usage is about 100 or so MB up too, and also the other day on the firewall status a strange country of origin popped up as soon as i booted up - what seemed like a central asian country it also had N/A for remote address....i didn't even have any browers up and running either.......then after that my router stopped working so i unplugged it and restarted it then it was ok but i decided to do a system restore but it hasn't worked....i've done a virus scan and spyware scan plus rootkit scan but to no avail......i've heard he can do it remotely somehow without my virus scanner and everything else detecting it. lots of people including my family have said it is strange.

Anyone know what I can do? thanks guys, Gary

is it a wireless router?

if so, is the signal encrypted, if so which encryption?

is mac address filtering enabled?

when this problem is occurring try unplugging your ethernet cable or wireless card, that way if you are being hacked, there is no longer a way for him to get in. see if this solves anything.

is mac address filtering enabled?
IMHO, MAC address filtering is useless if someone has already managed to crack your encryption key. It's just another small roadblock they have to pass before getting on the network. Encryption alone (excluding WEP) is good enough to keep 99% of unwanted "guests" off of your network.

Chosen1985, have you followed Tarun's guide here? http://www.msfn.org/board/introduction_ant...ing-t42699.html

Can you post a HijackThis log?