I just don't get it.

I like it here, users are friendly, place is great for advice etc etc.

But one thing that I just do.not.understand is the signature size limit for images. The height seems ok, but the width? Why is the width restricted to such a short length. Why not restrict the width to the size of the forum page on, say, a 1024x768 monitor, or if you were to be really frugal, the size it would be on an 800x600 monitor. The site is clearly designed to work optimally on a 1024x768 or above monitor res so I can't see any logic at all in restricting signature images.

If someone could clarify, please do!

Edited by JustinStacey.x

• 2 weeks later...

The size allowed isn't just a figure plucked out of the air, it has been agreed upon by the Board Administration Team.

The 380 px width currently allowed equates to half of the message text area width on a maximized browser window with a 1024 px screen resolution width. I believe that message signatures wider than that size will be a distraction to the detriment of message content, which is after all what make us a Forum.

1024 px is the standard size for the increasingly popular netbook revolution and is reportedly used by around 70% of internet users.

be a distraction to the detriment of message content, which is after all what make us a Forum.t

Cant have a forum without detrimental content, flowery pictures would certainly detract from the flames. :)

Edited by iamtheky

The size allowed isn't just a figure plucked out of the air, it has been agreed upon by the Board Administration Team.

The 380 px width currently allowed equates to half of the message text area width on a maximized browser window with a 1024 px screen resolution width. I believe that message signatures wider than that size will be a distraction to the detriment of message content, which is after all what make us a Forum.

1024 px is the standard size for the increasingly popular netbook revolution and is reportedly used by around 70% of internet users.

Well actually, I find it distracting seeing signatures that only go halfway across the page. :)

It seems.. untidy. But, each to their own, I am not going to argue with the powers that be.

Well actually, I find it distracting seeing signatures that only go halfway across the page. :)

It seems.. untidy. But, each to their own, I am not going to argue with the powers that be.

Quite so... signatures are a question of taste. For someone who finds signatures distracting, I'd say yours is awfully distracting and reminds me of advertising every time I see it.