Can't get to activation screen on XP

NUTTER123

Here's a bit of an odd 1. I'm trying to get a sysrtem activated for the other half (she's got a genuine key) she's trying to get XP Pro with SP3 activated and all that good money. Now the weird thing is whenever she types oobe/msoobe /a in the run prompt or clicks on activate windows? she's unable to see the blue screen for activating. Nothing appears. She managed to validate windows OK but can't activate and she's getting a 60 days prompt. I can't get any screenshots or anything as she's like 5000 miles away from me (very long distance relationship) :blushing: and I can't exactly go and have a look at it for her. :wacko: Would be good if anybody knew what to do here.

That program's interesting. I'll definety get her to download that for sure. I created a virtual machine. I wonder if I could replace the files that are possibly damaged/non working on her system with my own? I mean the actual msoobe file and so forth?

Edited by NUTTER123

You might have to turn off Windows File Protection (there are some threads here on how to do that) but sure you can. Just make sure you both are on the same service pack.

Keep us posted so when the next person comes along...

I didn't get anywhere last night (purely as she had stuff to do) but what I did? On my virtual machine I deleted the oobe folder from windows/system32 (on my virtual machine) and replaced it with a copy to test it and it seemed to work OK. That's what i'm gonna try. I'll try and let y'all know how it went down.