vLite asks for WAIK install on Windows 7

rmeeuwsen

I installed the program vLite 1.2 to prepare an unattended setup for Windows 7. Every time I start vLite it asks me to install the WAIK for Windows 7 which I already did?! Even copying the wimgapi.dll to the root of the vLite folder doesn't do the trick.

Thnaks in advance!

Robin Meeuwsen

If you would have bothered to search you would have figured out that vLite cannot recognize the WAIK for Win7.

You HAVE to use the Vista SP1 WAIK.

Well, thanks for your oh so kind answer! Making friends easy I assume...? I did bother to search of course and did not find this specific answer answer.

Kind regards,

Robin

If you would have bothered to search you would have figured out that vLite cannot recognize the WAIK for Win7.

You HAVE to use the Vista SP1 WAIK.

Well, thanks for your oh so kind answer! Making friends easy I assume...? I did bother to search of course and did not find this specific answer answer.

Kind regards,

Robin

It's not that I don't want to make friends.

You posted in the wrong forum section.

You asked a question that has been answered EASILY over a hundred times.

You answer is in the sticky section of the ACTUAL vLite forum area.

• 2 weeks later...

Where in that thread does it answer his question? Unless I've gone temporarily blind, it only says that you need to download and install the WAIK, which he stated he did. It doesn't say that the Win7 WAIK isn't recognized.

You posted in the wrong forum section.

You asked a question that has been answered EASILY over a hundred times.

You answer is in the sticky section of the ACTUAL vLite forum area.

I "bothered to search". I found this thread, and nothing else. I'm sure you're right, and it has been answered before, but 1) forum search engines generally suck, making it hard to find old threads unless you've read them before and know the exact phrases to search for, 2) it is (currently -- don't know if it was moved here) in the vLite forum section, which, to a newcomer at least, seems like a sensible place to ask questions about how to get vLite working, and 3) as I said above, I can't find the information in the stickies either. Given that the point in stickies is that they should be noticeable, it seems that this sticky, if it exists, has failed its purpose.

But anyway, thanks for answering the question. I guess I'll download the older WAIK then.

*cough*

7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.