Problem with unattended Windows 7

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my unattended DVD of Windows 7, I have created my personal Autounattend.xml file, I have tested it on a virtual machine (VirtualBox) and works very well, as for a laptop with an internal DVD reader, no issue.

My problem is when I try to install Windows 7 to my HP nc4200, that has an external DVD reader, during the first installation step, the Autounattendend.xml is skipped (it doesn't work at all, Windows is installed as default configuration).

Can anyone help me to understand why this happen?

I attach my personalized .xml file

Thank you :):hello:

Autounattend.xml

try to remove this line:

<selection name="OpticalMediaDisc" state="false" />

and remove you unattend file at attachement, remove the key and repost the new one ^^

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have tested completely my .xml file today morning on my nc4200 and I can say that the Autounattend.xml is working only partially.

I explain better: the only thing that doesn't work is that at first step of the installation, the installation process asked me for system/keyboard language and to push "Install" button, after that the installation work as I personalized into Autounattend.xml

I don't know why when I have internal DVD drive works all the xml file and when I have an external one it works only partially... bah nevermind it isn't a problem :)

Thank you anyway :):hello:

Edited by S3pHiroTh