CPU fan question

rjisinspired

I have been looking around for an intel cpu fan, part # D34017-002 - 0.60A. I am finding other intel fans but they have different specs but say they will work with 3.0Ghz chips. The pin on the connector is a 4 pin, I am seeing 3 pin connectors for some fans?

Is there anything equivalent to an lga775 stock intel fan that came with the 64 bit, 3.0Ghz cedar mill chip?

I sent in a message to zipzoomfly but it takes a few business days to get a response and locally the computer shop in my town only deals with Mac hardware.

The bottom legs of my cpu fan broke off! The little plastic pieces on the sides of the push-feet were embedded into the board when I went to remove the fan for cleaning, lol.

Thanks for any information anyone might have. The stock fan was noisy as heck anyway and maybe a different brand, quieter one, would be better.

I recommend you simply replace your fan with an OEM equivalent that's offers slightly better cooling.

This model is at a good price, offers better cooling then stock and uses the same push-pin clamping that the OEM cooler uses so you won't need to remove your motherboard to install it.

If you want a four-pin fan, there's always this model. The fourth pin is for the PWM function which controls the fan speed automatically depending on the motherboard.

Edited by jcarle

Update - 08202009:

I got my replacement cpu fan, whoo hooo! Rosewills are pretty good Jcarle. One of the links was to a Rosewill but the one I got was a Z300 model that has a copper heatsink.

It's a Rosewill hypersilence RCX-Z300 fan. **** this thing is quiet!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...will%20rcx-z300

The red fan blades are a nice touch :-)

Thanks for the help Jcarle.