windows validation

kevluck

Hello all,

I've had a lot of fun playing around w/ Nlite, and have made good progress, but one thing is bugging the heck of me; probably making to much of nothing though.

The latest windows validation update, kb905474, I can get to work through runoncex, but for the life of me I can't get rid of the screen(s) where you have to click next and so on.

May be you can't get rid of the user input for kb905474, but and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

You don't need to add it to run once.

Search Google (it is your friend) for KB905474 and there will be a Microsoft page where you can download the latest version. Then simply integrate it under the hotfixes/updates screen (the one just after the sefice pack screen). It will run and integrate the files and you'll no longer have that problem.

I'm not sure that will directly integrate. Here's an addon: http://xable.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=27

Useless piece of software, maybe you want to do this instead...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Hide windows geniune advantage notifications from windows update

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Genuine Advantage]
"InstallID"="{30F230D0-7940-499e-8A01-748682288985}"

Or integrate this WGA Validation addon that does what that registry snippet does: http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/inde...dons&id=232

It does seem to integrate correctly as Windows Updates doesn't ask for it and the wga validation check occurs at first logon.

I used the link off the other message (ryanVM), and I didn't see the validation UI throughout the XP install, but I'm not sure about one thing: Is this is a hack sort of, or just another way of properly integrating the validation part

Its not a hack. All it does is add the WGA files into the cd so that when you install windows, WGA gets installed as well. It will also only integrate if the PC you are using nLite on is Genuine, as a friend of mine found out. The advantage of doing it this way is that when you got to Windows Update it wont ask you to download the file, it will simply check that your PC is genuine.

The 2nd part of the 2nd link is my post is somewhat of a hack. The 1st part, validation, is the same thing you get when you are first prompted at Windows Update. The second part tricks Windows Update into thinking you've already installed WGA Notifications.

Notifications is useless and optional. If your copy of Windows is legit, what's the point of installing some software that will run on occasion to check if it really is legit? The only reason one would want that is if you bought your PC somewhere shady and want to make sure you didn't get ripped off.