xpize 5 Release 5

W3bbo

Do the command line arguments from the older xpize's work on this one? I ask because that would be awfully handy for use in AutoImage.

Can't wait to check this out.

No, they don't. xpize 5 is built on an entirely new framework and shares nothing with XPize 4 (for instance, it doesn't use reshacker anymore, it does the resource patching by itself). If you want to modify the xpize package you can extract it and edit the XML file manually.

Edited by W3bbo

Do the command line arguments from the older xpize's work on this one? I ask because that would be awfully handy for use in AutoImage.

Can't wait to check this out.

No, they don't. xpize 5 is built on an entirely new framework and shares nothing with XPize 4 (for instance, it doesn't use reshacker anymore, it does the resource patching by itself). If you want to modify the xpize package you can extract it and edit the XML file manually.

That's cool, it's not like it is that hard to click a few mouse buttons and integrate it into my install discs manually.

I like the look of the darkside theme. Good work on that.

Arabic and Farsi are both "right-to-left" languages, as opposed to English and German which are left-to-right. For this reason software should re-position text so that it's right-aligned to make it easier to read. This is how Windows Vista looks if you turn on RTL mode, for example. The Windows checkbox and radio-button controls both swap the position of the checkbox part when RTL mode is enabled (which isn't the same thing as alignment).

I see. But then, the order label-textbox-button should also be changed. Right?

I thought, maybe Hessam meant, that it would be better to have a complete LTR screen than a mixture out of RTL and LTR...

But this Hessam did not mean! :whistle:

its mean i see text half some word see half dosent see full word

Maybe you can understand this W3bbo...

Hessam, is it possible for you to translate that wrong Farsi/Arabic into English with all errors?

- Maybe we can get what you mean this way.

I will say that I'm not sure what the issue is that Hessam is describing, the text looks like its being displayed fine. I'll need more details. Unfortunately I don't know any other Farsi or Arabic-literate people who can assist me.

I know somebody, which I could ask - but I see him not every day... (maybe in one week or so)

We should see, if Hassem can explain it more in detail. - Otherwise I will assist you with asking my friend. :)

PS: What is with the arrows?

Edited by MrBusty

Here are some issues regarding the installer:

I guess W3bbo will fix the first issue - but for the others, try to find other words and rephrase your translation.

Especially the label "preview" from your second screenshot has absolutely no space for some enlargement.

Furthermore: its not possible to change the controls for each language individually.

Its the translators task to find a good solution to express the controls meaning in his language with the given space...

I saved 500KB in size by converting the PNGs to BMPs (which, surprisingly, are compressed by LZMA better), however I'm having some problems with the images not being composted correctly. Release 6 should be out sometime on the 20th.

First off, thanks for continuing and improving the work os Xpero, this really brings a shine to XP :-) I'd like however to report two icons that weren't replaced (one of them is probably outside the scope of xpize but still).

Anyway the first one if the windows update icon (i had the same problem with the last version Xpero made). The other one is the Nvidia PhyX icon. Find them in the attached pic.

I've done some research into this, and I'm sorry to say it's impossible to fix.

Control Panel icons are not pulled directly from the CPL file. Icons are actually gotten by loading the control panel into memory and asking it for the icon. The Control Panel itself has no way of knowing what size icon is expected and probably just returns 16x16 and 32x32 (and not the 48x48 subimage) which is probably what's happening (since all of the Windows Update icons in all the Windows files contain a 48x48 subimage).

Technical details here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1299016...cons-windows-xp

It's the same thing with the nvidia control panel icon (mine, not yours), except rather than upscaling the 32x32 icon instead it downscales the 128x128 icon.

Edited by W3bbo